Search results

1. Disco

Front Wheel Radial Lacing?

So my hubs have arrived for my fixie, and the rims are due in in the next day or so... Having been building wheels for years, I've always run 3-cross on both the front and rear... but for something a little crazy, a little different, I've had thaughts of radially lacing my fixie front wheel...
  2. Disco

Cleaning up a sluggish laptop...

Hey guys, I've had a Toshiba Satellite (~$2300 when purchased) for the last two years: being used for uni assignments, watching dvd's, occasional trolling, collating music and pictures. Its running XP, but is vista compatable, so it is one of the later generations of XP. There's stil a stack...
  3. Disco

DJ Ze P1 Special.

Manuals like a dream. Tight, Responsive and sturdy. Built a little heavier than I'd like, but more reliable. Ridden her hard, and she's kept coming back for more. :p Shortlist: Specialized, Rockshox, Odyssey, Truvativ, Fireeye. Frame - Specialized P1 2007, 4130 Chromoly. Front...
  4. Disco

DH S-Works Slopestyle Machine.

Been waiting to build this for 2 years... Goal of a 6" Lightweight FR Bike, with Air on each end. Enjoy. :D Frame - S-Works Enduro FSR 2006, M5 Alloy, 150mm Travel. Rear shock - Fox DHX 5.0 Air. Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike 454, 140mm Travel, Dual Air. Handlebars - Truvativ Holzfeller...
  5. Disco

4X Specialized Myka FSR Custom

Something a little different... 21" TT. Awesome little machine... I love her. Hope you guys enjoy. :D Frame - Specialized Myka FSR 2008, M4 Alloy, 100mm Travel. Rear shock - X-Fusion. Front shock/fork - Rockshox Recon 335, 100mm Travel. Handlebars - Truvativ Hussefelt. Stem - Truvativ...
  6. Disco

street...park...dirt...light.

My rig built up from scratch... Frame: 2007 Specialized P1. Fork: Rockshox Pike 454 Dual Air U-Turn. Headset: Chrome Diatech (C2?) Sealed. [not pictured] Crankset: Polished Truvativ Luftalarm; 25t sprocket; 1/3 bashplate. Chain: KMC Half-link. Pedals: Specialized Lo-Profile...
  7. Disco

Am I asking for too much? Forks and Hubs...

Really I'm searching for forks (new, 07 or 08) with these specs: Travel: 100mm to 130mm. Travel ajust possibly. Lowers: Magnesium preffered Steerer: Alloy preferred, Cromo also Staunchions: Alloy preffered, Cromo also Ajustibility: Rebound, Air and Oil Weights minimum Axle: Must be 20mm...
  8. Disco

Magura Maintainence

Hello all. Ive come across a set of Magura Marta SL's, and they need to be bled. Of course they dont run DOT fluid, its a mineral oil.... ...but will using Shimano mineral oil instead of "Magura blood" mineral oil damage any of the components or effect the performance of the brake? I...
  9. Disco

Envious.

Some specs for y'all since changing from an RM Flow frame... Just nice clean lines and angles. Schweeet. Streeeet. Frame: Specialized P1 2007 double butted 4130 Fork: 2003 Marzocchi DJ1 Headset: FSA Pig DH Stem/Handlebars: Hussefelt/standard atm. Holzfeller onway. Grips/Seat...
  10. Disco

acid and slowing down...

So heres how the story goes. I was on my way to go and finish building my new bike, and i had my rear juicy five in the boot of my car. Cut the story short. A car battery tipped over, and spilled hydrochloric acid all over the brakeset. Yes, i washed it copiously with water as soon as...
  11. Disco

Rebuilding Fox Vanilla RC

Ok, so I've aquired a Fox Vanilla RC rear shock, and the thread from where the preload ring screws into the piggyback resivour (?sp) cast end was loose, and there is no oil in the main shaft. How should I go about rebuilding it (Im fine with rebuilding shocks, I've done plenty of forks...
  12. Disco

Chain Tension?

Ok, this is not your average question... i'm chasing some tech opinion. I run a singlespeed RM Flow (73mm BB shell, vertical dropouts) with a 13-25 gearing, the 25t being on a Truativ Luftalarm Disc with 1/3 bashplate. I also like to sprocket grind! So the problem lies in the chain tension...
  13. Disco

Marzocchi DJ1 Mass

Just a quick one... Im attempting to justify the possible switch from Marzocchi DJ1 (2003) to Pikes, so I'm wondering if anyone has a weight on the Marzocchi? Im hoping to balance my front end of my RM Flow, and I'm not terribly harsh on my equiptment... Marzocchi site doesnt list it...
  14. Disco

BRM-555 to DJ1's HELP!

I was running a Shimano Deore Caliper on my old forks (Pyslos and Dukes) and it worked fine... as they fitted the direct mount (6" ISIS) on the caliper. (BRM-555's dont use an adaptor...) Now my dillemma is I am now running DJ1's (2003, 20mm Bolt-Thru) and there seems to be about 7mm of space...
  15. Disco

Addicted to Speed: Overdose

Alright, over 14 months this is the evolution of my Merida Speed, after starting with a Full-LX Groupset XC bike, and the beast is almost finished! Just waiting on a new front hub so I can bolt my Dukes back on! Goes well in street, light DH, 4X, and even the odd trail bashing! Apologies for the...
  16. Disco

20mm -> 9mm Axle Adaptors

Gday, I recently got myself a wheelset of Rhynolites laced to a Deore rear and Formula 20mm front hub. So, having run 9mm QR Axles on the front and rear before, i needed to change my fork (Duke Race 03 => Psylo XC 01) but now my bike rides like a pig with the geometry and weight change, so i was...
  17. Disco

Wall Riding

Ive Just been attempting wall rides and am having trouble getting much further than a foot and a half in lenght or so, on sloped and perpindicular walls, with and without kickers. Is it purely a case of boosting in towards the wall on an angle, throwing the wheels on then off again and hopeing...
  18. Disco

Dice Duke or Sun Rhynolite

Their both eyeletted... Similar Width and construction. Is there any real difference between the two? Little Mike
  19. Disco

Cobweb Classic 2005

Peel Mountain Bike Club Open Fun Day The Inaugural 'Cobweb Classic' Dwellingup This is a chance to dust off the old pushy and remember the fun of Mountain Biking. OR For the die hard mtbr grab something from the tip or verge collection and pit yourself against your technologically...
  20. Disco

Addicted to Speed

After spending many Yen on my "All Mountain" project over the holidays it has finally come together! Specs are as listed: Frame: Merida Matts Speed 03/04 18" 7005 Front End: Duke Race 03 with Stage 1 Blackbox; Titec Blockhead DH Stem; Titec DH Riser Bars; Raceface Lock-On's Wheelset...