Dice Duke or Sun Rhynolite

Disco

Likes Dirt
Their both eyeletted... Similar Width and construction.
Is there any real difference between the two?

Little Mike

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
well,

the Dice duke weighs 519 Grams,
the Rhyno Light weighs 565 Grams,

they are both roughly 30mm (but they are separated by almost a mm in width, so they are not the same rim)

The sun rhyno lite costs $105 each, while the Dice duke are only $72 each,

both have basically the same design and features,

However Dice claim the Duke as a Rough Trail riding Rim, while Sun Claim the Rhyno Lite as a Downhill and Dual Slalom Racing rim.

the Dice is no doubt plenty capable, but my money is on the rhyno lite,
I've used em myself, managed to flat spot and knock them out of true, but I never managed to physically bugger it totally.

The Rhyno is certainly well proven however, being specced on many dirt jump and budget downhillers from many brands.

One thing to consider,
if your going to use rim brakes, the Dice could be a easier alternative, as the rim already has machined walls, while the rhyno is painted/coated.. so if your using disks, the Dice might look out of place while the rhyno should fit in nicely.

Kind regards
Juls

Rik

logged out
Depends... there's a few variations of the Rhyno Lite I've found, (I think) they come in a welded version, and also a pinned version, with or without machined braking surfaces. If you are looking at a welded+machined rim, go for it, otherwise you might as well save your cash and get a Duke. I've beaten the absolute snot out of a set of Dukes, and they eventually did die, but lasted alot longer than I'd expected them to, so I have no hesitation in reccomending them to others.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Rik said:
Depends... there's a few variations of the Rhyno Lite I've found, (I think) they come in a welded version, and also a pinned version, with or without machined braking surfaces. If you are looking at a welded+machined rim, go for it, otherwise you might as well save your cash and get a Duke. I've beaten the absolute snot out of a set of Dukes, and they eventually did die, but lasted alot longer than I'd expected them to, so I have no hesitation in reccomending them to others.
Rik is spot on regarding the varients of the Rhyno Lite.

We only offer the welded version. Way stronger. Also more $$$$. But we didn't want to offer a pinned version. As we already have the Duke.

Elvis.
Dirt Works Australia
ride with us.

Sam J27

Likes Bikes
Id go with the rhyno lites, im ridin them at the moment and they feel great, so id recomend them!

floody

Wheel size expert
Go the duke if they aren't made out of butter like some other dice rims. My front two six, which has always had a 2.70 tyre pumped up to 50psi, never felt to have bottomed onto anything, and done a grand total of 3 weeks of light work on a 7" travel fork, has already got a number of sidewall dints....Though I guess too if the duke has a more vertical sidewall this would be less likely. Probably an irrelevant comment anyway. SOunds like the duke is great value.

I've always been a Sun fan though, I have had a few Rhyno's and Rhyno lights (Rhyno was tougher IMHO, and cheaper, if it wasn't eyeletted..) and they have never let me down.