Marzocchi DJ1 Mass

Disco

Likes Dirt
Just a quick one...
Im attempting to justify the possible switch from Marzocchi DJ1 (2003) to Pikes, so I'm wondering if anyone has a weight on the Marzocchi? Im hoping to balance my front end of my RM Flow, and I'm not terribly harsh on my equiptment...
Marzocchi site doesnt list it...

Cheers,

Michael

Disco

Likes Dirt
Yeah you know it DAvo... Gotta find someway of keeping those grams down ;)
12.1kg just doesnt cut it anymore :p
*Actually Weightweenies only have 03 DJIIs... and i think theyre only QR?

Michael

Disco

Likes Dirt
= Effort...
Someone having it here would help. Plus i dont have a Massometer.

Michael

udi

swiss cheese
I'd say that weight is pretty well spot on. If you suspect it's QR, the only difference will be the axle. The weight difference in QR20 dropouts+hardware will be negligible unless you are a complete weightweenie.

In the case that you are, pop off your axle and QR20 gear, and weigh them alone, and add that to the weight given.

2270g + ( )

happy gram counting.
and don't be lazy, to be a true weight weenie, you need SCALES. ;)

edit -
well i'm sure you noticed but the pike there is 2232g with the 140g maxle setup included, so if you weigh your QR20 gear you can figure out the weight difference roughly.

Last edited:

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
I was on that site the other day, and if I recall properly the DJ weights they had were the older ones, before they went completely steel. Hence the weight of the new DJs is far heavier then listed.

Also, I have pulled the boat anchors (sorry, DJ forks) off my rampage and struggled around under the weight; I have also picked up a pair of pikes, and there is a fair amount of weight difference between them...

Gripo

Eats Squid
marzocchi.com has a weight table on all their forks, less steerer tube.

go look for yoourself

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ona rampage said:
I was on that site the other day, and if I recall properly the DJ weights they had were the older ones, before they went completely steel. Hence the weight of the new DJs is far heavier then listed.
disco's are 03 models, so his have alloy stanchions.
Gripper said:
marzocchi.com has a weight table on all their forks, less steerer tube.

go look for yoourself
marzocchi's weight table lists only 04 and 05 models (and is incomplete for those years anyway).

if it's not on weight weenies, you might actually have to weigh it yourself! :eek: ;)