Search results

1. O

Is there a giant reign in 2014

The new 27.5er 1 has a higher spec level than last year's 29er 1. Hence the price difference. You really need to read these things first.
  2. O

All NPWS tracks and Trails closed this weekend-update closure lifted

This afternoon I rode through a certain National Park in a downpour. I wouldn't have been able to light a match, let alone start an entire bushfire. I did know it was technically closed, but since the purpose of the closure was to prevent bushfires or people getting trapped in said bushfires, I...
  3. O

Anyone else read the new Flow mag yet?

Just found #2 in the mail today. Halfway through and it's epic! I'm leafing through a mag packed with great stories and inspiration. If I want bike reviews I'll head to the website, but leaving the mag purely for trail tales is one of the best features of Flow.
  4. O

An Open Letter To Chain Reaction Cycles

Bang on. And this is what frustrates me about people in the bike industry claiming CRC is ruining their livelihood. You just can't dish out service like that and expect that people want to buy stuff from you. If nobody helps you with the shoes, then what's the difference between that bike...
  5. O

You're absolutely right with all of those points. And I think we will definitely see a move toward people doing more of this as they get more comfortable with shopping online. But I still think the LBS has an advantage in these situations that can be taken advantage of. That's why I think it's...
  6. O

This is a commonly debated topic amongst people in the bike industry. Holmes's letter has merit in that he has a good understanding of how a huge company like CRC are changing the local scene. Gone are the days of quick turnarounds at LBS and there is certainly a trend away from really high end...
  7. O

Four more years

Yeah but don't forget what Albert Einstein definitely said:
  8. O

In the market for an Ultrabook.....suggestions/recommendations?

My macbook pro has just turned 7 (and counting). By far the longest lasting computer I have ever owned. Pretty much every other laptop on the market either looks disturbingly similar to a mac, or is a plastic lunchbox.
  9. O

Little Things You Love

DSG Farts. Oh how I miss them:(
  10. O

Little Things You Hate

Write the manufacturer a letter of demand for the $400. http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Consumer_guarantees_warranties_and_refunds/Guarantees_on_goods.html
  11. O

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I owned one for a bit over a year. Sold it because I am going overseas. Seriously considering just buying another one when I get back. Mine was a 2005 MKV with DSG. I put 30,000kms on it in 12 months, and besides the oil cap falling off one night (which I just screwed back on), it ran...
  12. O

The Photo Snob Thread

Being selective is a very important skill. But it can go the other way to ones detriment. Making mistakes is a good thing. Finding time each day to be creative is a good thing. Taking photos for ones own enjoyment is a great thing. If you don't like what you take, throw it away, but if it...
  13. O

The Photo Snob Thread

Great work Sam. You might be able to correct the lens distortion in camera raw. In my opinion, I usually prefer the distortion, as most lenses distort by bulging in the centre of the frame, bringing the subject closer and making them stand out from the background.
  14. O

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Who owns the R?
  15. O

The Photo Snob Thread

Unreal, love it!
  16. O

Car paint Clear coat Flaking??

^This. You'll probably get the best look by first applying a synthetic wax, and then applying a natural carnauba wax over the top. Synthetic for the protection, natural for the shine
  17. O

The Photo Snob Thread

Was down at Mt Stromlo earlier this week for a few days riding, and ended up only taking the film camera along. Unfortunately, I was silly enough to forget that Ektachrome is slide film. So I shot three rolls (naturally), and had to cross-process all of them, as my camera store wasn't one of two...
  18. O

The Photo Snob Thread

It's most likely that you took the photographs on private property. Train stations are usually private property as they are owned by CityRail. Railway yards or other railway property owned by Government is also usually considered 'private property'. Photographs taken on private property comes...
  19. O

For the cow puss drinkers.

After doing some more research into the matter, I have realised that the original claims were misleading. The suggestion was that the calves were waste products, implying they weren't used for any purpose. I've had a bit more of a look into it, and have received an email response after...
  20. O

For the cow puss drinkers.

What? There's a problem over here that's 50% bigger than the problem over there, so lets just disregard aforementioned problem and focus all our efforts on the latter? Try that approach anywhere else my man, you won't make an inch of progress. I've spent plenty of time working on my...