Anyone else read the new Flow mag yet?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just upgraded to Royalty. I have to say, I'm really impressed by Flow's customer service.
I went through the trial period, and that sold me on the website and I already enjoyed the magazine.

Props to them, looking forward to issue two!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm the same. I joined the royalty version as I thought would be good to get the hard copy and the online copy. However, after I paid my money, i was then told my first hard copy would be issue 2 in Jan/Feb next year. So I thought ok I will just read it online. However, the link doesn't work. I have been in contact with the Flow guys about 4 times, they just say they are working on it with Zinio. But really 4 weeks.... I already have Zinio working for other mags, so it isn't an issue on my end.

I think I am just going to get my money back as the website stuff isn't worth it and I dont want to pay $54 now to wait 4 months for a magazine. Cyclingtips.com.au is free and is close to the flow.com content anyway.
I'm in the exact same boat and am considering the exact same action. Paid my money and getting sweet fuck all for it.
For the record, the hard copy looks good and I wish I had it! I read it in a news agent. Come on Flow, don't sour a good thing straight off the bat..

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a nice xmas present from the flow boys in the mail today. Some grips, lube, stickers. Pleasant surprise.

Glenn Polner

Likes Bikes
Sorry to be a naysayer - but it didn't grab me. Don't think I finished any of the articles before flicking the page over, so won't be buying another.

Not really the magazine's fault, it's a great concept, I just don't find it as interesting reading about other people riding as actually doing it myself...
Agreed, i subscribe but think i am going to stop my subscription just doesnt grab me
I like to hold tech reads and stuff all seems to artsy fartsy for me

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Agreed, i subscribe but think i am going to stop my subscription just doesnt grab me
I like to hold tech reads and stuff all seems to artsy fartsy for me
To many words for you lads? It's kinda like ASL/TRACKS vs Surfers journal.... Pictures can say a thousand words but the right words can inspire a journey!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I had a trial subscription, but it didn't really grab me. I found the articles to be open-ended too often; you read through and expect to keep going to a definite conclusion but they just kind of tail out leaving the reader wondering what the heck the author really thought about the subject. Almost like they got writer's block & went for a ride to find inspiration but never came back.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2nd edition should be out in a couple of days now. Got the digital edition working fine on my tab now, so all good.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Just found #2 in the mail today. Halfway through and it's epic! I'm leafing through a mag packed with great stories and inspiration. If I want bike reviews I'll head to the website, but leaving the mag purely for trail tales is one of the best features of Flow.