Search results

1. af_freeman13

2011 demo 8, 40's??

has any one herd about the new 2011 demo 8's not working well with 40's? if so why don't they work as well?
  2. af_freeman13

Shaun O'Conner Gravity Camp.

Shaun O'Conner Gravity Camp on the 7th, 8th, and 9th, Who is going? Just thought i might post it up just so people can have a chance to chat before the camp.
  3. af_freeman13

This is new and weird (too me)

http://hagoromo.blogspot.com/2009/11/2010-german-xcite-dh-fork.html very odd, im not sure how well they would work but and thoughts on it?? looks crazy if you ask me.
  4. af_freeman13

problems with 09 totems

on my demo7, the totems keep stuffing up, i have had the fixed twice, but that doesn't seam to do anything, last time i have had them fixed it was around 2-3 weeks ago max. i haven't done any riding since due to work commitments, i have only gone for rides to take my dog for a run, but today...
  5. af_freeman13

Sram x-9

I broke my cage on my x-9, its a plastic cage so and idea jumped into my head, would it be possible to use plastic welding to fix it instead of buying a new derailer, or can i buy just the cage and replace it? cheers
  6. af_freeman13

Lowering forks travel help wanted

i have a pair of pikes that don't have the u-turn feature and i want to lower the travel on them from 140 down to about 100. how do i do this? (if it makes much of a difference they are air forks too) any help is greatly appreciated
  7. af_freeman13

2011 p.3

Check out the new 2011 P.3. http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/2010-Sea-Otter-Classic,1254/Kirt-Voreis-2011-Specialized-P3,5952/sspomer,2 my thought are. it looks fcking awesome, but would go well with an e13 chain guide. comment your thoughts
  8. af_freeman13

demo 7 to modified to downhill spec

Hey guys, i have demo 7 do you think if i modified it to a dh bike would it be close to a demo 8? i know the frames are slightly different with the steer tube and that at different angles and shorter top tube. but that's not the point, the point is would it work as well, would it be fine have...
  9. af_freeman13

Bar Extensions...

Does any one have bar extensions? if so.. what did you do and use to make them? because im finding my bars too short and i cant afford new dj bars at the moment. My dad said "weld some metal onto the end" but im not sure how long it would crack. any one got any ideas or advice on how to...
  10. af_freeman13

Big air thread

I had a scout around for this thread but i couldn't find one, this thread is for big air, big hips, anything big that is done on a mtb, bmx or moto, sorry if this already a thread
  11. af_freeman13

Nailcan Sesh

I herd it was going to be 23-28 degrees so i thought it would probly be the best time to go riding instead of in 40+ degree weather. I text my mate to plan the day and then we're calving up the trails, here are some pictures :D (ben= black shirt, bike;orange mongoose kyber) (me, alex,=light...
  12. af_freeman13

Freeride park building in wodonga

hi all, i was just wondering if anyone would want to start up a group or freeriders around albury and wodonga that would be willing to get together and have a meeting with the local council and negotiate with them to be able to build a freeride park, because i have noticed there is jack shit...
  13. af_freeman13

christmas present thread

ok i know its a bit late to talk about x-mass but ive been on holidays, this thread is for people to post up pictures of the new toy you got given for christmas, weather it be a new bike, to a new car, i thought it might be a fun thing to do just so people on farkin can share their brand new...
  14. af_freeman13

New Demo 7

I just got my new demo seven today, it arrived early (8:30 this morning) when i was still asleep but oh well my new bike is more important, this in my second duel, my first one i got was a merida 150 and it just wasn't good enough for me which was disappointing so now its you for sale, so...
  15. af_freeman13

Raceline DH

Hello everyone, anyone know much about the Raceline dh bikes? dad is thinking of buying me one of a mate so i can have a DH bike for when i race DH and not have to race my allmtn bike, they don't want that much for it, (and its brand new) and where not sure if it's worth it, we just want one...
  16. af_freeman13

need to find a really strong rim

Hi all, I'm having a lot of problems with rims, not so much on my dually, but on my dj. I do a lot of bigs dirt jumps and I'm not afraid to try new tricks or new jumps.:D but I now am going through about 2 rear rims a month, i know that if you land side ways a bit it can cause a buckle...
  17. af_freeman13

Freeriding in Albury/Wodonga

hey all, im in to freeriding, but i don't know any good places to ride, and don't know any one that is really into freeride around Albury, if any one is interested to ride with me, im into big jumps and fast single tracks Wodonga reply if interested
  18. af_freeman13

floating disc system

I have a Merida 150, and it has a floating disc system, i like it but its coasting me alot of money because every time i go for rides the brake arm bends either in or out, it's starting to annoy me heaps, i have thourt of taking the floating disc system of but befor i do is there any one who...
  19. af_freeman13

My Merida 150 3-800D 2009!

My merida 150 3-800D 2009 Forks: Fox Talas 36R Shock: Fox RP23 Rims: DT Swiss Headset: AFS Tyers: MAXXIS, MINOIN DH/F Brakes: duno, but there really good(touchy too) Crank:Shimano TX Pedals: BBB Freeride Grips: Merida Gears: Shimano Deroa (i think its spelt like that) Bars, Stem: FSA Hubs: DT...