Lowering forks travel help wanted

af_freeman13

Likes Dirt
i have a pair of pikes that don't have the u-turn feature and i want to lower the travel on them from 140 down to about 100. how do i do this?
(if it makes much of a difference they are air forks too)
any help is greatly appreciated

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Dual Air Pikes feature internally adjustable travel via an 'All Travel Spacer'. See this document - Page 4

Good luck!

af_freeman13

Likes Dirt
Dual Air Pikes feature internally adjustable travel via an 'All Travel Spacer'. See this document - Page 4

Good luck!
this is helping me ALOT but i have a question, when i get to removing the spacers is that going to make it shorter and how do i know how short it will be without having to put it back together to see?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
You're actually adding spacers so for a 140mm Pike, you'll need to add 40mm of spacers - sounds counter productive eh?

All Travel Spacers look like the 'C' part in the above picture though you could probably fabricate something yourself. Same deal as the instructions - they attach under the bottom out bumper under the seal head.

Good luck!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
will this also lower the length of my stantions too?
No it changes whether the stantions sit in relation to lowers.
If you are now mechanically inclined it might be easier to take it to you LBS to get done. It's only a 20min job if you know your way around a bike and forks otherwise....you could get it only halfway done. When I first pulled apart a set of reba's I got as far as removing the c-clip and got stuck as I couidn't work out how to remove it.