What does your day look like?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And the neighbours.
Bought up on a farm the old man used to blow stumps. One day I was allowed to go along. He definitely used to much that day. We took shelter behind the ute while it rained sticks, dirt and debris. I kept my promise and still haven’t told mum. It was an eye opener
My friends and I may or may not have got our hands on some black powder when in in our late teens.
A big stump in a friends suburban back yard seemed like the best place to test it.
It launched straight over the fence in a big enough chunk we had no idea how to explain to anyone or any way to get it back so just peeled out lol.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
My friends and I may or may not have got our hands on some black powder when in in our late teens.
I big stump in a friends suburban back yard seemed like the best place to test it.
It launched straight over the fence in a big enough chunk we had no idea how to explain to anyone or any way to get it back so just peeled out lol.
Pre internet we got a hold of the anarchists cookbook and vowed we wouldn't rest until we'd tried every recipe... damn we had some fun.

Scotty675

Cable thief
A big stump in a friends suburban back yard seemed like the best place to test it.
Sounds like one of our cracker nights

slowmick

38-39"
When i was a primary school kid we had a pensioner three doors down in suburban Melbourne who was fond of diesel and phosphate for "lifting" stumps to make more room for veggie gardens. Got used to the muted "thoomp" sound and the sound of raining soil when we were riding our bike in the streets. He wasn't fourth coming with the recipe though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When i was a primary school kid we had a pensioner three doors down in suburban Melbourne who was fond of diesel and phosphate for "lifting" stumps to make more room for veggie gardens. Got used to the muted "thoomp" sound and the sound of raining soil when we were riding our bike in the streets. He wasn't fourth coming with the recipe though.
Fifth?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Put a few cuts in the top of it with a grinder and then hit it.
That's how I broke up the bit shown. Picture really doesn't show how thick it is. A sledgehammer will break it up a lot quicker. 4lb short-handle mallet was hard work.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spent yesterday out at the quarry of doom on my nomad. It was an awesome day! Dropped off this wooden platform they have out there that is wussed out on last time and HT a couple of jumps I hadn't ridden for a while. I wish I had stopped for lunch though. I was so hungry last night and thirsty...damn thirsty when I discovered the Sunday specials.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Spent yesterday out at the quarry of doom on my nomad. It was an awesome day! Dropped off this wooden platform they have out there that is wussed out on last time and HT a couple of jumps I hadn't ridden for a while. I wish I had stopped for lunch though. I was so hungry last night and thirsty...damn thirsty when I discovered the Sunday specials.
Did you forget the selfie rock? :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did you forget the selfie rock? :(
I did forget it! For some reason I rarely get photos at the quarry of doom. It's a freaking awesome place. Despite its reputation for being extreme and hardcore freeride there is actually a fair amount of trail diversity and most skill levels are catered for in some way (b-lines, p-lines, more flow less send...). Then there is all the big sends! Plenty I haven't got the balls to even consider hitting and plenty that are just perfect for a surge of adrenaline.

The trail team there have put a lot of work into keeping it on the D-L as far as location give aways go. But I think in recent years the youth of today have not been subtle in the tic tac loving tube youing instant gramma postings.

One day I'll remember to take some pics there. In the mean time I hit the local up today and threw the polygon around a little bit. I also remembered to take the selfie rock! It was so good until school was out.

^ I've been trying to lay the back tyre down real low on this jump for a while now. In my mind I am sure that I can get it level with the table top by squishing the launch. But so far it doesn't seem to be working.

^ I used to think it would be rad to "wall ride" the embankment on my right. But now it is so savagely eroded that I'm not sure it would work. There is a roll in on the top of the embankment that I think I can transfer up on to. The kicker will need a little work first, it currently drops away quote a bit about 30cm from the end. I need a little more pop!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I did forget it! For some reason I rarely get photos at the quarry of doom. It's a freaking awesome place. Despite its reputation for being extreme and hardcore freeride there is actually a fair amount of trail diversity and most skill levels are catered for in some way (b-lines, p-lines, more flow less send...). Then there is all the big sends! Plenty I haven't got the balls to even consider hitting and plenty that are just perfect for a surge of adrenaline.

The trail team there have put a lot of work into keeping it on the D-L as far as location give aways go. But I think in recent years the youth of today have not been subtle in the tic tac loving tube youing instant gramma postings.

One day I'll remember to take some pics there. In the mean time I hit the local up today and threw the polygon around a little bit. I also remembered to take the selfie rock! It was so good until school was out.

View attachment 376008

^ I've been trying to lay the back tyre down real low on this jump for a while now. In my mind I am sure that I can get it level with the table top by squishing the launch. But so far it doesn't seem to be working.

View attachment 376009

^ I used to think it would be rad to "wall ride" the embankment on my right. But now it is so savagely eroded that I'm not sure it would work. There is a roll in on the top of the embankment that I think I can transfer up on to. The kicker will need a little work first, it currently drops away quote a bit about 30cm from the end. I need a little more pop!
Spiced rum should give you the pop you're after.

Remember to press record.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily

View attachment 376008

View attachment 376009

I see skin! How long did the shave down take @pink poodle

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like one of our cracker nights
might just be me getting old but i miss cracker night. Was weeks of anticipation and excitement. throwdown battles and the odd ball shooter fights. possibly ruined because there was no issue with 8 year old kids buying things on the way home from school