What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's bin night and finally time to say good bye to my favourite riding shoes. Fuck off 5:10! You pricks have never really been thee for me, not like these old Teva have. I've had these things for about 6 years, including a good chunk of time spent riding for work and recreation 7 days a week. Over that same time I've destroyed a couple of sets of uncomfortable 5:10s and moved a few on as well. Comfortable from the day they arrived until the day they finally had too much hole in them.

Yesterday I took the new shoes out for their first dirt session - Ernie's Marana with Michelin soles. They are pretty narrow, but the grip was good and I'm sure they will stretch a bit.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's bin night and finally time to say good bye to my favourite riding shoes. Fuck off 5:10! You pricks have never really been thee for me, not like these old Teva have. I've had these things for about 6 years, including a good chunk of time spent riding for work and recreation 7 days a week. Over that same time I've destroyed a couple of sets of uncomfortable 5:10s and moved a few on as well. Comfortable from the day they arrived until the day they finally had too much hole in them.

View attachment 376057View attachment 376058

Yesterday I took the new shoes out for their first dirt session - Ernie's Marana with Michelin soles. They are pretty narrow, but the grip was good and I'm sure they will stretch a bit.

View attachment 376059
Got you monies worth out of them. I'm waiting for some tyre glue to show up for my 5.10's, hopefully it will be better than the Sikaflex, the top half of the shoes are still as good as the day I bought them 3 years ago.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Rolling with the punches...

'dad when I bounce on my rear suspension it makes a grinding noise'

'put the bike back mate and grab another, I'll look at it tomorrow'

Well that only took 10 seconds to spot as I looked at pivots and linkages, off to Bicycle Express now or there will be no enduro bike for the Fat Tyre Festival... lost a MINO flip chip, bolt and spacer.

Luckily there is only a tiny mark from him bouncing on it last night, must have vibrated loose on the car journey home from last Gravity Enduro race or he'd have destroyed the swingarm :rolleyes:

Bolt on the other side is covered in the blue thread locker, its as much use at tits on a bull, seems to lubricate the threads rather than lock them.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Well that only took 10 seconds to spot as I looked at pivots and linkages, off to Bicycle Express now or there will be no enduro bike for the Fat Tyre Festival... lost a MINO flip chip, bolt and spacer.

Luckily there is only a tiny mark from him bouncing on it last night, must have vibrated loose on the car journey home from last Gravity Enduro race or he'd have destroyed the swingarm :rolleyes:

Bolt on the other side is covered in the blue thread locker, its as much use at tits on a bull, seems to lubricate the threads rather than lock them.

View attachment 376082
Do these things happen to all full sus owners?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

View attachment 376082
Sounds like you got grease on the threads. I find Loctite 243 is magic for pivot and crank bolts if the threads are clean, not so much when you have leftover grease in there, which is easy to do with bearing seats etc nearby. Loctite activator gives a little bit more hold without having to use purple or red loctite.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sounds like you got grease on the threads. I find Loctite 243 is magic for pivot and crank bolts if the threads are clean, not so much when you have leftover grease in there, which is easy to do with bearing seats etc nearby. Loctite activator gives a little bit more hold without having to use purple or red loctite.

It's a new warranty replacement frame, only 3-4 rides old as he rides more XC, the threads are untouched.
Managed to get a used replacement at Bicycle Express just 2 mins ago luckily.

Coffee and brekky as I have 10mins parking left ;)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's a new warranty replacement frame, only 3-4 rides old as he rides more XC, the threads are untouched.
Managed to get a used replacement at Bicycle Express luckily.
Figures. I've only bought an assembled bike once and pretty much every interface was missing grease/assembly paste/loctite. Most frames I've built up haven't been much better.

Don't get me started on the lacklustre facing and nasty threads.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
How are your HT cranks and assorted plethora of bike issues going, BTW?
They're great now I have the Race Face Aeffect cranks on, they're amazingly smooth! The problem was a faulty crank spindle - it's now resting in the recycling bin with a brand new replacement ready to fit on my wife's or my son's bike.

Also, no other issues to report, it seems that my incessant questioning is paying off :)