What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Firepit (re) commissioned. A nice 2013 Plantagenet Cabernet Merlot was sacrificed. Perhaps more than one... It works. Duh. It got hot. Duh...

Started rolling the first 35 SHS section for the woodrack. Mounted the roller to a board and clamped that to the carryall to make it nice and stable. Got maybe 50% completed before I was too knackered to continue. Abs hurt, diaphragm hurts, back hurts. Many many handle turns to get from one end of a 4m length to the other. Anyway the single handle is not ideal. No comfortable place to stand, the handle is too low then too high etc. First job tomorrow will be to grab some 16mm tube and see if my 20mm dies will roll that into an acceptable handwheel and then I can just stand to the side at a comfortable level.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pinched a mates ebike for a ride, the cheeky bugger has two so why not.
I hate to say it, but it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. The hills this thing gets up are ridiculous. Keep the power on and it just tractors up, doesn’t matter how many rock ledges or roots are in the way, keep it spinning and god damn.
The arm pump is real though, bike fitness is kinda low at the moment. Abit more vibration through the pedals than an analog bike, but after a couple of minutes you don’t notice it.
Haven’t been able to wipe the shit eating grin off my face all day.
10/10 will ride again.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Pinched a mates ebike for a ride, the cheeky bugger has two so why not.
I hate to say it, but it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. The hills this thing gets up are ridiculous. Keep the power on and it just tractors up, doesn’t matter how many rock ledges or roots are in the way, keep it spinning and god damn.
The arm pump is real though, bike fitness is kinda low at the moment. Abit more vibration through the pedals than an analog bike, but after a couple of minutes you don’t notice it.
Haven’t been able to wipe the shit eating grin off my face all day.
10/10 will ride again.
View attachment 375574
Admittedly I rode a large (not XL) but I didn't really like it. Maybe because it was too easy, it was like riding an electric BMX!

It was also heavy and the rear suspension muted the trail too much.

10/10 won't ride again.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Admittedly I rode a large (not XL) but I didn't really like it. Maybe because it was too easy, it was like riding an electric BMX!

It was also heavy and the rear suspension muted the trail too much.

10/10 won't ride again.
I will concede the weight. 100kg it was, not exactly svelte. Sizing was okay, high rise bars would help but as soon as the trail tightened up and things got steep I wasn’t worried about body position.
I’m pretty wrecked now though. Nothing easy about today’s ride.

HamboCairns

I will concede the weight. 100kg it was, not exactly svelte. Sizing was okay, high rise bars would help but as soon as the trail tightened up and things got steep I wasn’t worried about body position.
I’m pretty wrecked now though. Nothing easy about today’s ride.
Glad it was good for you! I reckon I'd love an e-Bike on more open trail rather than the tight technical stuff in Smithfield (unless it was an Orbea Rise..)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure where this fits but...holy fuck have I just burnt my finger! The tail end of the lunch rush featured 2 people pain in the arse that wanted shit that was all used up. "but we're vegetarians..." I don't care I only have what is on offer. "But I don't like onions." Well fuck you. Anyway I figure I can quickly make a wrap with spinach tomato cheese capsicum (had one I hadn't cut into yet etc). As the wrap is coming out of the toaster, molten cheese and ooooooooeeeeyyyyyyy gooooeeeeeyyy tomato the cunt of a thing slips off the spatula! I run a policy of if it falls don't try and catch it, but I did give it a shove with the spatula toward the bench. It almost made it...but by some force of universal fuck you poodle power it hit my other hand. I perfectly finger banged this fucking wrap! My middle finger went in the opening and right down deep inside and the wrap stay on me! I pulled the finger out and it looked like I had finger fucked a dead person.

HamboCairns

Not sure where this fits but...holy fuck have I just burnt my finger! The tail end of the lunch rush featured 2 people pain in the arse that wanted shit that was all used up. "but we're vegetarians..." I don't care I only have what is on offer. "But I don't like onions." Well fuck you. Anyway I figure I can quickly make a wrap with spinach tomato cheese capsicum (had one I hadn't cut into yet etc). As the wrap is coming out of the toaster, molten cheese and ooooooooeeeeyyyyyyy gooooeeeeeyyy tomato the cunt of a thing slips off the spatula! I run a policy of if it falls don't try and catch it, but I did give it a shove with the spatula toward the bench. It almost made it...but by some force of universal fuck you poodle power it hit my other hand. I perfectly finger banged this fucking wrap! My middle finger went in the opening and right down deep inside and the wrap stay on me! I pulled the finger out and it looked like I had finger fucked a dead person.
Classic Poodle.

Someone please update his profile line!