COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That’s 11 days now I’ve been ill with this cold and the official PCR test confirms it’s not COVID. Have the other viruses gotten all jealous at the attention C19 is getting and massively upped their game?! I feel seriously fucked. I’ve still got a hacking cough and sore throat and am tired all the time. What a fucked way to spend a holiday!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That’s 11 days now I’ve been ill with this cold and the official PCR test confirms it’s not COVID. Have the other viruses gotten all jealous at the attention C19 is getting and massively upped their game?! I feel seriously fucked. I’ve still got a hacking cough and sore throat and am tired all the time. What a fucked way to spend a holiday!
It's the new, unknown mystery virus.

C22 is going to make C19 look like kindergarten.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You sure it's not consecutive hangovers?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I don't know where these idiot journos are getting this oft repeated "...fraction of NSW capacity" bullshit from. I suppose 99/100 or 120/100 is a fraction?

This from St Vincent's Hospital executive director Kevin Luong yesterday:
"We are continuing to experience critical staff shortages across the organisation, particularly in nursing," Dr Luong said.
"Whilst we are trying our best to work around this, we are beginning to run out of options to maintain safe nursing staffing levels."
Most hospitals are only a covid outbreak amongst staff away from being over-capacity. Sure there may be spare beds but there's no one take care of the patients that may fill those beds. We've also got health systems that have been underfunded and under resourced for decades and a third world population growth rate that has exceeded health system resourcing.

Doesn't anyone remember the relatively minor covid outbreak in a Qld school that effectively shut down elective surgery for a time in Brisbane?

Of course we are busily shortening quarantine times and testing requirements to get critical health staff back to work quicker but this involves eating into the safety margins that are built into good and prudent medical practice.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems nsw health staff are being asked to come to work whilst awaiting test results but isolate outside work hours. All is well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100733138

So...am I reading this correctly? If I become confirmed covid but am asymptomatic, I am free to roam. But if one of my associates is deemed a close contact they are to isolate for 7 days and have a test on day 6 Tha comes back negative for them to achieve freedom?

Or am I just totally misreading this?

If not...surely this is madness.

Minlak

custom titis
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100733138

So...am I reading this correctly? If I become confirmed covid but am asymptomatic, I am free to roam. But if one of my associates is deemed a close contact they are to isolate for 7 days and have a test on day 6 Tha comes back negative for them to achieve freedom?

Or am I just totally misreading this?

If not...surely this is madness.
As I read it
If you are confirmed to have covid you no longer have to return a negative test after your 7 day isolation
If you are a close contact you must isolate for 7 days then return a negative test

As I read this the idea would be there is a period between contact and actually having Covid as that period could be up to 14 days after 7 days you may only just be developing symptoms this would clear you

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As I read it
If you are confirmed to have covid you no longer have to return a negative test after your 7 day isolation
If you are a close contact you must isolate for 7 days then return a negative test

As I read this the idea would be there is a period between contact and actually having Covid as that period could be up to 14 days after 7 days you may only just be developing symptoms this would clear you

This sentence from the article is where the ambiguity seems to be...

"It means people who have had COVID-19 but do not have symptoms will no longer have to return a negative test before they end their seven-day isolation period."

I first read it the same as you, but then read it a second time and thought perhaps it meant if you were asymptomatic before the end of the 7 days, freedom was yours for the taking. I also have a suspicion about how many people will actually do the right thing come that 7th day.

Minlak

custom titis
This sentence from the article is where the ambiguity seems to be...

"It means people who have had COVID-19 but do not have symptoms will no longer have to return a negative test before they end their seven-day isolation period."

I first read it the same as you, but then read it a second time and thought perhaps it meant if you were asymptomatic before the end of the 7 days, freedom was yours for the taking. I also have a suspicion about how many people will actually do the right thing come that 7th day.
Nope - If you have symptoms you are meant to isolate and test (if you are positive they know you have it no need to test if you are clear after 7 days as long as you are clear of symptoms your free) (if you are negative you don't have to isolate) - So you will have had one test either confirming or denying covid in your system - If you still have symptoms meant to isolate until they clear up.
If you are a close contact you are meant to isolate and then test if you develop symptoms - if you did not develop symptoms you wont have tested so now you have to get a test to be all clear before leaving isolation at day 7

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nope - If you have symptoms you are meant to isolate and test (if you are positive they know you have it no need to test if you are clear after 7 days as long as you are clear of symptoms your free) (if you are negative you don't have to isolate) - So you will have had one test either confirming or denying covid in your system - If you still have symptoms meant to isolate until they clear up.
If you are a close contact you are meant to isolate and then test if you develop symptoms - if you did not develop symptoms you wont have tested so now you have to get a test to be all clear before leaving isolation at day 7
At least it's all very clear.

Minlak

custom titis
At least it's all very clear.
I thought I was over Covid related stuff before - I am really over it now - I would not object to ripping the Bandaid and start a new process
"You have been identified as having Covid please make sure all of the people you know lick you"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I stand by my call from yesterday - it's time for drugs. This shit has flipped and flopped on enough. The authorities have given up. If you get it, good luck and a speedy recovery I wish there. To make it through what shit fight is left...drugs.

Minlak

custom titis
I stand by my call from yesterday - it's time for drugs. This shit has flipped and flopped on enough. The authorities have given up. If you get it, good luck and a speedy recovery I wish there. To make it through what shit fight is left...drugs.
I listened to a pdcast today with a guy that basicly invented MRNA Vaccine and owns a lot of the Patents - The information he was giving regarding treatments that they had shown to be effective being blocked by the FDA was crazy - And there is stuff on video tap of peopel that are involved talking about it - not just wild conspiricy stuff - He has had Covid twice himself and thought he was going to die the first time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I listened to a pdcast today with a guy that basicly invented MRNA Vaccine and owns a lot of the Patents - The information he was giving regarding treatments that they had shown to be effective being blocked by the FDA was crazy - And there is stuff on video tap of peopel that are involved talking about it - not just wild conspiricy stuff - He has had Covid twice himself and thought he was going to die the first time.
Twice? But what about herd immunity?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cops blockaded a pub in Toowoomba on New year's eve from opening because the pub managers said that they wouldn't filter unvaxxed people, but these same unvaxxed people can attend a house party in large numbers on the same night and no one would care the wiser. Anyway, they had a street party out the front of the pub, the cops just stood there and gloated on about being paid double time for standing there. I'll also note that none of the cops had masks on till the camera's turned up and all within a meter of each other.