COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cops blockaded a pub in Toowoomba on New year's eve from opening because the pub managers said that they wouldn't filter unvaxxed people, but these same unvaxxed people can attend a house party in large numbers on the same night and no one would care the wiser. Anyway, they had a street party out the front of the pub, the cops just stood there and gloated on about being paid double time for standing there. I'll also note that none of the cops had masks on till the camera's turned up and all within a meter of each other.
Cops...says it all.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cops...says it all.
If they're that worried about people entering the pub unvaxxed, why didn't they filter the patrons themselves and issue a fine to the owners the next day. They stood out the front and rear of the pub all night pulling their pud, anyway. The poor pricks behind the bar have no choice what the owners do, let the buggers work.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
As I've noted here before...we were exposed to a positive Covid case on Xmas Eve. We developed symptoms on the 27th and managed to get PCR tests on the afternoon of the 29th. We still haven't had any results yet. And we no longer have any symptoms. The iso rules suggest that we can now leave the property on the 5th... regardless of the test results. Which we may not see until after that anyway as the clinic told me a local PCR test taken on NYE wouldn't make it to the lab until the 4th Jan because there was no courier service till then...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
As I've noted here before...we were exposed to a positive Covid case on Xmas Eve. We developed symptoms on the 27th and managed to get PCR tests on the afternoon of the 29th. We still haven't had any results yet. And we no longer have any symptoms. The iso rules suggest that we can now leave the property on the 5th... regardless of the test results. Which we may not see until after that anyway as the clinic told me a local PCR test taken on NYE wouldn't make it to the lab until the 4th Jan because there was no courier service till then...
Like a well oiled machine. :rolleyes:

At least you’re feeling better, but it’s so frustrating the Government are trying to go all Trump mode (can’t test, can’t find) by stealth. 300+ billion spent on COVID management/recovery and what do we have to show for it? No new hospitals, no testing PCR capacity, no RAT availability (or funding), no quarantine measures and no plan. Feckin’ Scomo. :mad:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

At least you’re feeling better, but it’s so frustrating the Government are trying to go all Trump mode (can’t test, can’t find) by stealth. 300+ billion spent on COVID management/recovery and what do we have to show for it? No new hospitals, no testing PCR capacity, no RAT availability (or funding), no quarantine measures and no plan. Feckin’ Scomo. :mad:
A lot of PR? It's all smoke and mirrors. As usual it reminds me of the mayor from best little whore house in Texas.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Life is better when government gets out of the way dude. Haven’t you worked this out already? Every man, woman and child for themselves.

In all seriousness, ScoMo et al are delivering class warfare. Looking at robodebt as a warm up exercise, their inaction is intentional. The rich have cash and capital to shield them from this, while the people living week to week are fucked and will die one way or another. Think of the frog in boiling water metaphor.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sooo

A mate and family are in self iso because daugher tested +ve. No idea where or when, Q health too busy to try contact tracing or dna tracing.
Another mate in west NSW on a farm, pretty much keeping to themselves. Wife is unwell with cold symptoms + fever and aches. Expect covid, both tested, his results back in 24 hours -ve, still waiting on her results now 4 days.
Another mate went to relations for lunch a few days ago, gets a call today, oh we are +ve, best isolate. He did the social church thing this morning.

Fuck me, let's open the borders what could go wrong?

I am looking through the best political cartoons for 2021 and usually I find these books very amusing but this one is just plain depressing, reminds me of the incompetence for the whole year shown by fearless leaders.

And finally as I have mentioned before I have a family member who is anti this vax. In a bid to make them see a little sense I sent a text of the various numbers, deaths per 100,000 around the world for unvaxxed, vaxxed and boosted. Then the increasing numbers daily here and the increase in hospital admissions, etc. Got back but the government is not telling the truth. As a non arsebook person what shit is this? I intend to deal with it by ignoring it but what the fuck is that?

EDIT: These are the exact words:

"Just wish the governments both state n federal would tell the bloody truth.. too many inconsistencies for me..." Yes policies have been inconsistent but other than that?

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So far this year the local testing sites been pretty much empty again. It is also only open til 12 noon each day, which I assume is to ensure that not many people can get tested.

Less testing = less cases

Don logic at its best.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sooo

A mate and family are in self iso because daugher tested +ve. No idea where or when, Q health too busy to try contact tracing or dna tracing.
Another mate in west NSW on a farm, pretty much keeping to themselves. Wife is unwell with cold symptoms + fever and aches. Expect covid, both tested, his results back in 24 hours -ve, still waiting on her results now 4 days.
Another mate went to relations for lunch a few days ago, gets a call today, oh we are +ve, best isolate. He did the social church thing this morning.

Fuck me, let's open the borders what could go wrong?

I am looking through the best political cartoons for 2021 and usually I find these books very amusing but this one is just plain depressing, reminds me of the incompetence for the whole year shown by fearless leaders.

And finally as I have mentioned before I have a family member who is anti this vax. In a bid to make them see a little sense I sent a text of the various numbers, deaths per 100,000 around the world for unvaxxed, vaxxed and boosted. Then the increasing numbers daily here and the increase in hospital admissions, etc. Got back but the government is not telling the truth. As a non arsebook person what shit is this? I intend to deal with it by ignoring it but what the fuck is that?

EDIT: These are the exact words:

"Just wish the governments both state n federal would tell the bloody truth.. too many inconsistencies for me..." Yes policies have been inconsistent but other than that?
apparently the government advice changing and being updated as situations and knowledge evolves equates to “inconsistent” among the scientifically illiterate.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So many inconsistencies in the current public health “response” at the moment. Can’t see it ending well.

Close contact is defined now someone in your household, or have spent 4 hours with in a household like setting. Previously with Delta and earlier variants, being in the same postcode was enough to put you in iso. Omicron is far more virulent, but you’re no longer considered a close contact in any public exposure setting.

Queuing up for > 4 hours for a test in NSW where every 5th person is a positive doesn’t make you a close contact? How many people are going to be arsed to stand in a line for hours only to get a PCR test result that confirms their initial RAT result, when it makes no difference to the outcome (stay at home for a week). Even if you suspect a false positive RAT, are you going to line up for hours with others that definitely have covid?

The definition of close contact had been diluted because contact tracing has been thrown to the shithouse. Govt is rooting for the Omicron variant being the pathway from pandemic to endemic with acceptable collateral loss.

PJO

in me vL comy
Omicron is far more virulent
No, Omicron is considered less virulent than Delta but more transmissible. Virulence is a measure of disease severity. Still doesn't stop it from having potential to overwhelm health systems if it very quickly increases case numbers.

Contact tracing was always going to become an impossible task once the case numbers shot up.

It seems the polys have put all their eggs in the vaccination basket, thinking it will be enough. I guess we will see what happens. Probably in NSW first.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
No, Omicron is considered less virulent than Delta but more transmissible. Virulence is a measure of disease severity. Still doesn't stop it from having potential to overwhelm health systems if it very quickly increases case numbers.

Contact tracing was always going to become an impossible task once the case numbers shot up.

It seems the polys have put all their eggs in the vaccination basket, thinking it will be enough. I guess we will see what happens. Probably in NSW first.
Sorry, yes, that’s what I meant.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Probably best not to get tested nowdays
We got a result for The Lad last night...he tested negative. M'lady and I are still waiting, which bodes ill. However, it's now Monday and we are both without symptoms so it looks like we are all good for getting out Wednesday afternoon regardless thanks to the change in 'rules'. And we've still got a box of 5 unused RA tests!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We got a result for The Lad last night...he tested negative. M'lady and I are still waiting, which bodes ill. However, it's now Monday and we are both without symptoms so it looks like we are all good for getting out Wednesday afternoon regardless thanks to the change in 'rules'. And we've still got a box of 5 unused RA tests!

New isolation rules are imminent...