COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sigh who knows- I just keep trying to do what they tell me good or bad.
we had an end game in sight though, rushing it forward an extra week is playing for points. schools were mailing out plans about the staggered return the day before plans changed to everyone back at once. we've not heard any update form either school so i doubt they got any forewarning.

It's also going to bring the re-opening forward so teenagers will only just be getting 2nd shots, even though there should be a 3 week time between 2nd shot and full effect

SummitFever

Eats Squid
we had an end game in sight though, rushing it forward an extra week is playing for points. schools were mailing out plans about the staggered return the day before plans changed to everyone back at once. we've not heard any update form either school so i doubt they got any forewarning.

It's also going to bring the re-opening forward so teenagers will only just be getting 2nd shots, even though there should be a 3 week time between 2nd shot and full effect
Not only is it playing for points it seems like a good way to stuff things up. This is what so many overseas countries have done. Rush things and for those extra few weeks of "freedom" you suffer months of inconvenience and higher numbers of deaths (the ultimate inconvience). The virus doesn't give a crap for all of the political bullshit (which the pollies must find incredibly frustrating) but it will take advantage of any premature action.

moorey

call me Mia
They're saying their recent daily positive results is off over 100000 tests per day as well, vs VIC under 80000 tests. Something not adding up!
NSW probably still got all the regional time wasters testing daily for fun like Ballarat had (ghost town now).
Melb might be targeting the testing more?
Just spitballing…but I’m skeptical of NSW numbers for sure.

danncam

Likes Dirt
NSW probably still got all the regional time wasters testing daily for fun like Ballarat had (ghost town now).
Melb might be targeting the testing more?
Just spitballing…but I’m skeptical of NSW numbers for sure.
Why skeptical?
I've been pro Vics approach in the main, but maybe we should have locked down the northwest of Melbourne and thrown more vaxxing into the area.
No love for glad bags but for now they are looking better at this than us.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tend to think having people in houses will create some serious carnage, but would love to be proved wrong.
Just hope the people who are not vaccinated don't get in on the fun as well.

Also, if things do go pear shaped, what is the plan then?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
his 2nd day in office he was posting selfies of his lunchtime harbourside walks. technically legal since he's within the limits of his macquarie st office, but still a giant F.U. to people in western sydney who dont have such nice places and havent been allowed there in 4 months. this guy is incredibly immature
Those western Sydney residents just need to follow joe hokey's advice. Easy

ualf

Likes Dirt
Which advice was that? Rely on parents to buy their houses for them? Don't drive cars? Smoke cigars while presiding over Federal Budgets delivered in crayon? Stop being poor?
I think you forgot the one about not buying smashed avocado toast and coffee to save a deposit for a house. But that might gave been a different torie.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
his 2nd day in office he was posting selfies of his lunchtime harbourside walks. technically legal since he's within the limits of his macquarie st office, but still a giant F.U. to people in western sydney who dont have such nice places and havent been allowed there in 4 months. this guy is incredibly immature
A large number of Western Sydney residents are probably more envious of him actually getting a lunch break rather than the location.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Which advice was that? Rely on parents to buy their houses for them? Don't drive cars? Smoke cigars while presiding over Federal Budgets delivered in crayon? Stop being poor?
the one that suggested living in a nicer house/area was as simple as getting a better job. yeah pretty much "dont be poor" its easy.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
A large number of Western Sydney residents are probably more envious of him actually getting a lunch break rather than the location.
why? thyre all at each other houses sharing amazing spreads of food that mamma has made for lunch. screw the walk, pass the falafel and pickles.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
why? thyre all at each other houses sharing amazing spreads of food that mamma has made for lunch. screw the walk, pass the falafel and pickles.
That sounds pretty good! Hommus and a little chilli sauce on mine please.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Hasn’t really worked in the US.
i didnt say it worked. The questions was "what then?". Im just relaying whats been decided. Its fingers crossed all the way. That said the US has been on a downward trend for numbers for at least 30 days, so who's to say it isn't working? High case numbers are only one metric. In the last 30 days, theyve gone from daily avg of 150k per day to 100k per day. SO yeah 100k per day is alot of people, but a 50k (33%) per day improvement is statistically significant.

WHo knows, it might go back up, might not. no one has that crystal ball.

My hope is that by virtue of thinning the herd, only the vaccinated remain :D. The gene pool will likely be improved.