COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Just had a woman on our local FB buy/swap/sell. A guy posted an thank you to an anonymous person who helped him after a delayed minor reaction to the vaccine.

She’s all ‘PM me the the details, I want something done about this!’

I replied that there’s an automated follow up and they don’t need Karen stepping in :D
is Buninyong Karen friends with the local cafe Covidiots, by any chance?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Had an interesting COVID-safe "breach" today, but one I was okay with.

Customer came in to collect an order, walked passed all the "Wait here and call this number" type signs and opened the door into the office. At this point most customers would normally get a pretty stern rebuke, but this guy's body language was a bit different - sort of apologetic - and he didn't try to enter the office - just spoke to us from the doorway. He explained (with noticeably affected speech) that he was deaf, so couldn't call through. Gave the company name he was collecting for and what he was looking to collect. I gave him a thumbs up and went and got his order. I came back and he had taken himself over to the "approved" waiting area, so I took his order over, placed it on the pickup bench (outdoors) and gave him another thumbs up and tried to convey "Thanks mate!" via body language. He seemed happy enough.

No real point other than it would be a bugger being a hearing-impaired or deaf delivery driver in the world we're currently living in (even more than usual).

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
ive got it on my phone now, both mail and download. but so i have to open a file explorer to show it each time? it says to save to a wallet and mentions google pay, I cant see how to get it in there. and if I'm just showing basically pdf of a document its not exactly secure
Do you have an iphone?
I was able to download it straight to apple wallet off the medicare site.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive got it on my phone now, both mail and download. but so i have to open a file explorer to show it each time? it says to save to a wallet and mentions google pay, I cant see how to get it in there. and if I'm just showing basically pdf of a document its not exactly secure
Try the Medicare Express app. That is what you need rather than the Service NSW app (for now).
There you should see the option to add to your Google pay or Apple wallet. I was also given the option to put a shortcut on my home screen

Edit: to do this I think you need to link Medicare to your mygov account

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try the Medicare Express app. That is what you need rather than the Service NSW app (for now).
There you should see the option to add to your Google pay or Apple wallet. I was also given the option to put a shortcut on my home screen

Edit: to do this I think you need to link Medicare to your mygov account
thanks, got it. i got on one of the apps to download it but couldn't get it into google pay, all I can add there is credit cards. Tried yesterday to follow the medicare app route and i didnt get the sms code for 30 minutes, long after i'd left the house to get dinner. finally got it in off lien mode in medicare app today.

all up about as good an IT experience as a the first on line census.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
What's concerning is that we now seem to have adopted the approach that we're opening up and easing restrictions no matter what the actual numbers are telling us. Surely the "opening up" needs to be adjusted based on the new data that's coming in? It looks like Andrews, Perrottet and Barr are trying to out announce each other with plans for the future.

Meanwhile the AMA in NSW are advising against the speedier opening up and the Vic Ambos are having to run only one paramedic in each ambulance (plus a person from Defence) to cope with what have been "four of its five busiest days in history in the past fortnight".

Mate has just been told he was at an exposure site and needs to get a covid test, but the exposure time was 9 days ago! Anecdotally suggests that our contact tracers in the ACT might be a bit stretched already.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meanwhile the AMA in NSW are advising against the speedier opening up
what does expert advice matter?

After accusations that she’d been benched by the Premier, it’s been revealed the NSW CHO “did not endorse” her state’s new road map.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
what does expert advice matter?

After accusations that she’d been benched by the Premier, it’s been revealed the NSW CHO “did not endorse” her state’s new road map.
its pretty funny to go in like this as your first order of business hey? The gamble could pay off, but that's exactly what it is, a gamble. If this blows up in his face, he'll be the shortest lived NSW premier in history.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
his 2nd day in office he was posting selfies of his lunchtime harbourside walks. technically legal since he's within the limits of his macquarie st office, but still a giant F.U. to people in western sydney who dont have such nice places and havent been allowed there in 4 months. this guy is incredibly immature

Minlak

custom titis
People keep saying its too soon - its too soon and talking from a disease perspective - i wonder if behind closed doors they recognise that people are just not going to endure it any longer? I mean the recent outbreak numbers are being blamed often on people doing the wrong thing - Maybe its more of a well if your going to keep doing whatever anyway we should look like the people that opened the country up?

Sigh who knows- I just keep trying to do what they tell me good or bad.

LPG

likes thicc birds
NSW 646 and 11 deaths

for a state reporting such relatively low case numbers they do seem to have an awfully consistent high number of fatalities every day.

One might suspect them to be full of shit…
I don't disagree, there are more than a few deaths at home where people have been tested positiveness mortem. Having said that deaths seem to follow a few weeks after the infection and we are about 3 weeks from some pretty horrific case numbers.