Search results

1. wespelarno

Little Things You Hate

Hit it flat out and send it?
  2. wespelarno

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

That's my thought as well. I have so much more interest in any vehicle the second the owner says "daily driven". Or at least "daily driven when not blown apart in my garage being rebuilt"
  3. wespelarno

Domestic violence, what would you do

Last domestic I interrupted, I heard a woman shout "stop hurting me" somewhere near my house at 2am. Went outside to investigate, found the source and simply asked "hey, are you guys ok?" 2 minutes later the fellow is trying to break a bottle of Jack over my head and the girl is shouting "run...
  4. wespelarno

The gaming thread

The challenge is that the upper limit is basically indefinite. Quad graphic cards and an overclocked top end processor all on a custom liquid cooling system can push over 10k very quickly. Add in some 1tb SSD's and that will hit $15k equally as quickly. It is also total overkill and I can't...
  5. wespelarno

Little Things You Love

Putting on one of my various helmet. Means I'm off to have some fun.
  6. wespelarno

That thing is exactly the right amount of sketchy. Looks like a heap of ridiculous fun. If the BSA is salvageable that would be pretty wild. Building up an old bike is on my list of project vehicles to do over the years.
  7. wespelarno

Little Things You Hate

I am basically riding round with the consideration the world is out to get me. I normally drive an old chev so apparently everyone in the world wants to race me. I'm used to the attitude of other drivers ranging from idiot boy racer to outright aggressive, so avoiding other drivers is something...
  8. wespelarno

Little Things You Hate

Other road users. I'd had my learner motorbike license 45 hours and already had to avoid two other users. One was a dicky old dude in a car, that one was fine. What really pisses me off is doing a lap of the local loop and a guy on a 1000cc Aprillia wearing Dainese race leathers came hauling ass...
  9. wespelarno

Little Things You Hate

ANU internet is the worst wireless system I have ever used. My theory is they employ someone full time to randomly disconnect people, making the rest of the IT staff appear useful and thus allowing them to keep their jobs. That and half the buildings appear functionally be faraday cages, not...
  10. wespelarno

Mid size SUV recommendations.

Go via Tucson Arizona and stop in at Taqueria Juanitos. I would do some seriously unsavory things for another one of their burritos-I used to eat lunch there almost everyday.
  11. wespelarno

Post up ya 4WD!

Excuse my ignorance, but how can an alternator swap cost 2k? Is it buried away somewhere stupid in the car, or is it cnc'd from platinum? Or am I totally missing the point?
  12. wespelarno

Wasn't really planning on doing anything apart from make it run, set it up right and add some sticky rubber. The question was more in terms of "are there any glaring flaws that I can easily correct?". Mum and dad are already eyeing it off and it is likely that in a years time when I upgrade...
  13. wespelarno

As usual, I couldn't help myself and my brother and I started a tear down. Found a few exhaust and vacuum leaks, changed all the fluids, and now we are stripping the carbs cause they don't appear too happy. Hopefully going to balance them as well. Also considering checking valve clearances cause...
  14. wespelarno

250. zx2r. Technically I'm just a newbie L plater. Although looking forward to riding a bike that revs out to 21,000rpm. The purple is actually growing on me. Although I'll have to see what happens.
  15. wespelarno

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Our Federal Education Minister, Christopher Pyne regarding the deregulation of university fees, particularly interest on student loans and the risk of disadvantaging women who want to take time to raise a family: "What will happen at universities is that vice chancellors and their leadership...
  16. wespelarno

zx2r-finally bought a bike Brought this home today. Need to go through it properly still, but all up a fairly tidy bike!
  17. wespelarno

The stupid questions thread.

http://www.complex.com/tech/2014/04/llama-dmx-vine That 10 second clip explains it fairly well. And the more often you watch it, the more entertaining it becomes. A llama that gives exactly zero fucks.
  18. wespelarno

Socceroos and the World Cup

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175 And here are the stats...
  19. wespelarno

Dude, that thing has seen better days. What state is the bore in? I can't imagine anything being particularly happy.
  20. wespelarno

Little Things You Hate

We are already seeing children grow up with no sense of self preservation. Falling off the swing and breaking your arm in primary school teaches you that jumping off high things is a bad idea. Kids are sufficiently bubble wrapped they no longer have chance to learn and develop that sense.