Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

stirk

Burner
You do need some type of sealer on the top or they go to shit again pretty quickly, not sure why Toyota lenses are so bad for going cloudy or losing colour like Prados seem to.
I'll hit it with armourall, any type of clear coat will just need to be stripped off later when it fades which could be damaging to the old plastic. Any other suggestions?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
I'll hit it with armourall, any type of clear coat will just need to be stripped off later when it fades which could be damaging to the old plastic. Any other suggestions?

I just used car wax it kept it shiny but I only had the car for another six months but they still looked pretty good.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah I know they aren't all that pretty but they are designed to be somewhat sporty, they aren't too heavy and upgrade parts are cheap and plentiful. I was thinking an 05 WRX wagon which in my opinion are the least ugly and if you got one that's been looked after it could still be a great reliable car.

Is this the Saab you are referring to? The sedans looked okay but this isn't exactly a thing of beauty, in my eyes anyway.
9-5 wagons look bets in dark colours and Aero spec. I quite like them, but beauty in the eye of the beholder etc etc.

Or - lets not argue about whether a Saab or a Subaru is better. We can have both - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2005-saab-9-2x-aero-road-test

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent all of today cleaning out the shed so the Scout can fit inside and work can start. Still have another 12 hours or so to get through it all! Here's some pics in the meantime.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ That's pretty cool, how good are the old simple motors haha!
Very good! The simplicity of the whole setup is just fantastic, plus such a huge amount of space to work around the donk. I can see the steering column being an issue though, the angle it sits at looks like it would love to go through my stomach should we be in a front-on collision.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
As a show car, thats sort of interesting. I don't quite get the show car thing though, I would prefer something usable.

A Kombi twin cab ute with a 911 motor and proper suspension and brakes for example.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
As a show car, thats sort of interesting. I don't quite get the show car thing though, I would prefer something usable.

A Kombi twin cab ute with a 911 motor and proper suspension and brakes for example.
Show cars are cool but if it goes home on a trailer I don't see the point.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Show cars are cool but if it goes home on a trailer I don't see the point.
That's my thought as well. I have so much more interest in any vehicle the second the owner says "daily driven". Or at least "daily driven when not blown apart in my garage being rebuilt"

ducky1988

Likes Dirt

It's on bags and will run. I don't know why this couldn't be a daily

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She's in the shed and work has started. The (custom, farm-job) roof is being held on only by 2 bolts, unfortunately both seem to be stripped and/or fused and will require cutting out. The roll cage is much the same. There's a bit of spot rust here and then, but nothing too catastrophic just yet.

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

binner

Hath shat hymself
Living quarters

Screw the ute .. How fucking good is that she'd you have!..... I wish I had that kinda space......

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Screw the ute .. How fucking good is that she'd you have!..... I wish I had that kinda space......
Perks of living on property I guess. It's a shame its full of other peoples crap though,there is still only got a foot or so of space around the car for the time being.

stirk

Burner
Perks of living on property I guess. It's a shame its full of other peoples crap though,there is still only got a foot or so of space around the car for the time being.
Have shed, wife and relos love you. If I get a decent shed one day it'll have a big lock on it and o ly I'll have the key!

stirk

Burner
Air con sorted in the old 4runner. For the record I had the system converted to 134 gas. Now she'll go even slower with the compressor running!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Have shed, wife and relos love you. If I get a decent shed one day it'll have a big lock on it and o ly I'll have the key!
Oi can I borrow your shed mate?

Beetle is sitting on the only almost flat surface on the property right in the driveway, working on the car means needing a 4x4 to take the bins out. Bring on a digger and concrete.