The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
About to pull the trigger on some rims from Bike24. Anybody out there used Bike24 and wouldn't again? Thanks in advance.
Have. Packaging was atrocious. Small parts rolling around in a big flimsy box that was full of holes. Nothing fell out miraculously. Another time it was forks. Box was also beat up, and the forks had a bit of cosmetic damage as a result. They offered to take them back or a small discount.
This was probably 5-6y ago though.
Rims should be fine.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
About to pull the trigger on some rims from Bike24. Anybody out there used Bike24 and wouldn't again? Thanks in advance.
Most recent order (yet to be delivered) sat in Frankfurt airport from 14 April to 17 May. Hopefully clears Sydney customs and gets to me in a day or so now.

But had a similar delay from ActionSports.de recently. Seems to just be covid transport delays.

Would not stop me ordering again, but factor in a month to a month and a half shipping.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks. The pricing is good. LBS can't get much right now so I will take the punt tonight if no more good news comes in before bed time.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most recent order (yet to be delivered) sat in Frankfurt airport from 14 April to 17 May. Hopefully clears Sydney customs and gets to me in a day or so now.

But had a similar delay from ActionSports.de recently. Seems to just be covid transport delays.

Would not stop me ordering again, but factor in a month to a month and a half shipping.
Thanks. Deliver is estimated at 4 weeks. I am not in too big of a hurry.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heya team,
Going for a trip on the weekend and looking for the best places to ride between Sydney and Newcastle.
Been to Kingcumba and Ourimbah, thinking of hitting up Awaba and Glenrock. Looking mostly for good descending. Any other 'better' options we should be considering?

Thanks

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Heya team,
Going for a trip on the weekend and looking for the best places to ride between Sydney and Newcastle.
Been to Kingcumba and Ourimbah, thinking of hitting up Awaba and Glenrock. Looking mostly for good descending. Any other 'better' options we should be considering?

Thanks
GO. TO. BARE. CREEK. THE. END.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This weekend looks good for Bare Creek. Light winds, so most of the bigger stuff should be open. Also plans to re-open the pro-line dirt jumps by Sunday, assuming the dirt cooperates.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Heya team,

Thanks
Sawmill and Amazon if you want a more style of natural terrain. Big have a bit of up but are predominantly down... disclaimer: I haven't ridden either in a few years so don't know current conditions.

Kincumber can eat a dick.

Ourimbah + Awaba are good. Glenrock has highs and lows low lows.

From memory you're well familiar with Sydney's Northern offerings.

I see all the bare creek love and yes, it's fucking rad.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They won't help you one bit if your stuff gets lost. Auspost handed me a box with a huge hole in it and no items, all they had to do is send a claim number through their end and all they did was just act dumb so I couldn't claim.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
They won't help you one bit if your stuff gets lost. Auspost handed me a box with a huge hole in it and no items, all they had to do is send a claim number through their end and all they did was just act dumb so I couldn't claim.

Pffttt... wouldn't have helped, Aust post lost a rear hope on flow packaged in a bike box, between Sydney and Melbourne. The identically packaged front got there...but no rear.

2 year investigation, only to have them randomly email me the claim was closed.

You're pretty much spinning the wheel of fortune with postage in this country.

Been so long, but it's like riding a bike...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Leonardi general Lee XL cassettes, has anyone....holy fuck!

Nvrmnd

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pffttt... wouldn't have helped, Aust post lost a rear hope on flow packaged in a bike box, between Sydney and Melbourne. The identically packaged front got there...but no rear.

Did they offer you a $50 discount card and then say "take it, I would" so that they can close the case?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I have a spoke key to try and straighten out my rear wheel, how badly can this go? In other words, should I get a shop to straighten it out?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Was it 26 inch? In pretty sure @moorey pulled a van heist.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I have a spoke key to try and straighten out my rear wheel, how badly can this go? In other words, should I get a shop to straighten it out?
It could go really good or really shit! Give it a go.
Take the tyre off so it doesn't interfere with your line of sight to the rim.
Crack a beer and take your time!

Last edited: