The QUICK question thread.....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Possibly a stupid question rather than quick, I remember seeing a post a few weeks back with a list of Zee German stores worth checking out but for the life of me can't find it now. Can anyone care to point me in the right direction?

stirk

Burner
Possibly a stupid question rather than quick, I remember seeing a post a few weeks back with a list of Zee German stores worth checking out but for the life of me can't find it now. Can anyone care to point me in the right direction?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
What are people using when pressing in a nylon cup bottom bracket (ie Shimano XT) into a carbon frame.

Are people using a basic grease or one of the fancy anti-seize compounds? Or just dry and clean?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
To clarify... Not tools... rather any substances to help avoid the dreaded creak but also ensure it will actually come out one day...

Can you have both???

safreek

Was only 18 months ago, full retail on F/R hope hoops (pro4 on either hope or stans) was $650 delivered, and sometimes on sale for around $400 :(
Yeah ol man, we used to use sardine tins for shoes as well. Get with the times. I reckon i could do a crank bros rear wheel for less than that for you. Bargain

Minlak

custom titis
To clarify... Not tools... rather any substances to help avoid the dreaded creak but also ensure it will actually come out one day...

Can you have both???
Light grease works about as well an anything you really just want to stop galvanic corrosion on the surfaces - if however you want to stop the creak permanently you buy the threaded bottom bracket that will fit a press fit frame - like from praxis or wheels manufacturing.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
To be honest I haven't had a creak yet with my RF BB but the bearings have died.....

About to replace with XT as at $32 they're pretty much a consumable....

Just wasn't sure if anything needed for nylon on carbon

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
About to pull the trigger on some rims from Bike24. Anybody out there used Bike24 and wouldn't again? Thanks in advance.