The last movie you've last watched last

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Watched Extraction and Extraction 2 over the weekend. First one is surprisingly good, f***ing crazy action sequences while being somewhat 'grounded' or believable or whatever, like a more brutal Bourne movie. Second one is considerably stupider plot wise, but still worth a watch if you like things with explosions in them.
Spoiler below -

Why didn't he shoot Zurab after he fell through the glass roof? FFS, such a stupid plot 'hole'.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I find the more recent happenings in paleo anthropology pretty fascinating so have been been watching what's been going on with Homo naledi and the work Lee Berger has been doing keenly. Homo naledi was an early hominid that recent discoveries suggest had fire, art, tools and burial rites. I thought the Netflix doco on the subject would be pretty lame but I was wrong.
Check out Unknown: Cave of Bones

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Top gun maverick. Hilariously shit movie… The writers of the dialogue should be punched repeatedly on principle.

Just fast forward all the deep and meaningful drivel for the plane scenes.

Haakon

Did we even watch the same movie? I thought it was near perfect.
It was a near perfect parody of something... Utterly predictable and the dialogue was just embarrassing. Apart from that it was utterly ridiculous and chock full of the worst acting ive seen in a while... Which is odd, as Cruise can actually act!

Haakon

The Menu. Amusing if you’ve ever been to a degustation. But a very clever movie, most enjoyable.

A nice palate cleanser after the utter shite of top gun ;)

ausdb

Being who he is
L ' innocent at the Darwin deckchair cinema, very funny with enough darkness, and like most French films so well made.
Ok, I only really posted this to brag that we were in Darwin after doing the Gibb from Broome, a wonderful month off from life, work and weather in Melbourne
That's an awesome location and place to see a movie, the free mozzie spray is a nice and necessary touch too.

ausdb

Being who he is
It was my sons birthday last week and we went to the movies, his choice Spider Man: Across the Spider-Verse.
I think I should have hit @indica up for some of his acid...

I'm not really a superheroes / cartoon character movie aficionado but had quite enjoyed Spider man: Into the Spider-Verse. On the other hand maybe it was the setting that had made it so enjoyable at the aforementioned Darwin deckchair cinema but really struggled with the latest one.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That both got 11 Oscars.
Academy Awards and Oscars I think are long past their glory era.

It won't be long till AI actors are acting to AI scripts then pop up at AI award ceremonies which will take place.
I wonder if an AI script would be much more rubbish than some of the movie plots that have turned recently. The Fast and The Furious should be lining up fo some AI scripting action :cool:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Are you saying you enjoyed those films @Jabubu ? That's nice. You're allowed to, but they still suck and both represent a low point in story telling. But not as low as jar jar Binks.
Woooooooo...
Lord of the Rings (the movies) represent a low point in story telling?

Yes I enjoy the extended edition trilogy every few years - it's a masterpiece. Subjective of course.

Titanic is decent but I watched it once and have no desire to do so again.