Newly Released Suspension & Components General

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested to see how you go. I’m the same height as you and even though the Highlander will allow it I don’t think I’d want it any lower as the saddle is a good height to grip between the legs when you needs it. I’d also be worried that if it allowed my ass to get any lower my goulies might get eaten between the rear wheel and the frame. That wouldn’t be a good thing.
I fitted one to mine and it still has about 3cms of exposed post but it works flawlessly. Looks better than the 210mm model did on it.

Tried to fit a 240mm one on my Dreadnought and it's too long. It just actuates all the time so it's like a pogo stick. Back to 210mm, and even dropping that one by 15mm or so will make it actuate.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was watching Jack Moir's bike check and he mentioned about using half tokens in the fork. Found this quite interesting and then found PVD had just done an article on it.

Not really a new component, but gives the measurements for anyone interested in doing it.
Haha, I've got a few cut-down Fox spacers. The 36's especially seem to feel like they've got big changes in ramp-up with each spacer.

Got to say, having recently tinkered with @Jpez's RockShox fork - bloody hell the RS's splined top cap and threaded spacers are a way better design than Fox's top cap and clip-on spacer design. Much easier to work on.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Haha, I've got a few cut-down Fox spacers. The 36's especially seem to feel like they've got big changes in ramp-up with each spacer.

Got to say, having recently tinkered with @Jpez's RockShox fork - bloody hell the RS's splined top cap and threaded spacers are a way better design than Fox's top cap and clip-on spacer design. Much easier to work on.
Did you get the fork working better?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did you get the fork working better?
Yes and no.removing the spacers was just a trade off. It needs some attention I think. I gave it a lowers service and it improved it a tad but it’s still harsher that it should be. Might just send it off for a hyperdrive wahoo service and see if it improves things.

kten

Yes and no.removing the spacers was just a trade off. It needs some attention I think. I gave it a lowers service and it improved it a tad but it’s still harsher that it should be. Might just send it off for a hyperdrive wahoo service and see if it improves things.
Avalanche or a modified Shockcraft damper might be money better spent imo if you’ve already done a lowers service and the bushings are good.

beeb

Very interested to know if the internals are different or if it’s mainly a lever update. Hope (no pun intended) it’s not just a longer lever as while it’d mean more power, it’d also mean a longer lever throw. I’m still stoked with the Tech 3s anyway, and given spares are still available (and for the earlier models than them) - I think I’m good for a while!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Very interested to know if the internals are different or if it’s mainly a lever update. Hope (no pun intended) it’s not just a longer lever as while it’d mean more power, it’d also mean a longer lever throw. I’m still stoked with the Tech 3s anyway, and given spares are still available (and for the earlier models than them) - I think I’m good for a while!
Have ended up with a different brand of brakes for my next bike (collecting parts) price too good too ignore. Looking forward to reviews on these.

The caliper now has metal outer piston and phonellic (spelling?) inner so the theory is they run smoother.

Comments on Pinkbike say all new adaptors needed for the new clamp. Shame why change it?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Have ended up with a different brand of brakes for my next bike (collecting parts) price too good too ignore.
Curas ?

Its acceptable in corona world to upgrade brand new parts while waiting on the complete bike build.

beeb

Hambo-quoting with some extra info from pinkbike:
The overall ratio of the Tech 4 master cylinder is increased around 30% over a Tech 3. We have achieved this with a mixture of hydraulic and mechanical ratio. The bore size has been dropped to Ø9.5mm to increase the hydraulic ratio and the mechanical ratio has been increased with a slightly longer lever blade and optimization of the cam position at bite point.”

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hambo-quoting with some extra info from pinkbike:
The overall ratio of the Tech 4 master cylinder is increased around 30% over a Tech 3. We have achieved this with a mixture of hydraulic and mechanical ratio. The bore size has been dropped to Ø9.5mm to increase the hydraulic ratio and the mechanical ratio has been increased with a slightly longer lever blade and optimization of the cam position at bite point.”
Website updated. New shift mounts to allow for more adjustment. I would say because of the longer lever they would need to mounted further in than before.

https://www.hopetech.com/products/brakes/enduro/tech-4-e4/

kten

Website updated. New shift mounts to allow for more adjustment. I would say because of the longer lever they would need to mounted further in than before.

https://www.hopetech.com/products/brakes/enduro/tech-4-e4/
Going to need to run 850mm bars to get the brakes inboard enough to make these usable. Maybe it's the camera angle lol
The second pic on the website is a better shot. The levers look terrible in that first pic.

moorey

call me Mia
Going to need to run 850mm bars to get the brakes inboard enough to make these usable. Maybe it's the camera angle lol
The second pic on the website is a better shot. The levers look terrible in that first pic.
I’d say the first is more accurate. Will be some foreshortening in the second pic, making them look shorter…and they still look long.