Newly Released Suspension & Components General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I think the lack of the lever "dogleg" makes them look longer than they are.

New:

Old:
The middle of the new lever is longer and top down pics make it look huuuuggge. Normal angles it doesn’t look so bad.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Just saw the new, hotly anticipated Revel. Sadly a 29” version of the Rail, not a 27.5 version of the Rascal. It’s like @russthedog hasn’t listened to a word I said.
What a ripper bike that would be. I think I mentioned in my review of the Rail that it would translate really well into a shorter-travel format.

Surprisingly little competition to the Santa Cruz 5010 and Ibis Mojo out there.

moorey

call me Mia
What a ripper bike that would be. I think I mentioned in my review of the Rail that it would translate really well into a shorter-travel format.

Surprisingly little competition to the Santa Cruz 5010 and Ibis Mojo out there.
It’s probably the only bike I’d have gone carbon for if it was a thing.
Canyon seem keen to fill the void with their new range, but there’s still a lot of snobbery around the brand from a few I know. I wasn’t a big fan in the past, but they really seem to have their shit together and are hard to beat on value.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s probably the only bike I’d have gone carbon for if it was a thing.
Canyon seem keen to fill the void with their new range, but there’s still a lot of snobbery around the brand from a few I know. I wasn’t a big fan in the past, but they really seem to have their shit together and are hard to beat on value.
I hear you on the snobbery. I get that as well. I have been patiently looking for a new frame and the one thing, so far, stopping me from buying a Canyon is I want a frame, not more unused parts.

moorey

call me Mia
I hear you on the snobbery. I get that as well. I have been patiently looking for a new frame and the one thing, so far, stopping me from buying a Canyon is I want a frame, not more unused parts.
Yeah, the frame only thing was pretty huge for me. Most $10k bikes still cut big corners or come with parts I’d never use.
Wish I’d had the budget for the complete Stanton. The elite build has Ohlins suspension, hope wheels, full XT train and brakes, for around $8500-9000au (about to rise, and Shimano parts are on back order).

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'd be recommending Canyon based on @ozzybmx's experience with them alone. Owners seem to love them, great VFM and they look great.