Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Keen to see how it performs even though I prefer coil.

Even more so for their USD fork that's in the works but a while off.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
There’s a lot to like about it. That stack height is more than ‘interesting’ though. For wee lads like me who want to slam a dropper to get decent lift length, it’s a bit limiting.
View attachment 388089
Magura is the slimmest although they had a stupid remote. Was hoping to see a V3 of that post with a proper remote but crickets. SRAM did their best to put everything as high as possible but X Fusion is just below the clamp, rear bolt access looks tricky. Hopefully we start seeing more, of all places to go wireless the dropper makes most sense to me.

moorey

call me Mia
Magura is the slimmest although they had a stupid remote. Was hoping to see a V3 of that post with a proper remote but crickets. SRAM did their best to put everything as high as possible but X Fusion is just below the clamp, rear bolt access looks tricky. Hopefully we start seeing more, of all places to go wireless the dropper makes most sense to me.
I think it’s the least, personally…out of gears and droppers. Cables are never an issue on my droppers. I even usually recycle gear inner/outer because they aren’t as fussy.
Gears are more finicky, exposed to weather, and prone to issues with cables.
I’ll likely be wireless shifting before dropping.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Dunno, was in one of the Sea Otter "pit bits" on Vital. Looks like an updated SuperDeluxe at a guess.
...and the Pinkbike video where they talk about the different travel WeAreOne suspension links shows the coil version of the new shock stickered as a SuperDeluxe.

shiny

I think it’s the least, personally…out of gears and droppers. Cables are never an issue on my droppers. I even usually recycle gear inner/outer because they aren’t as fussy.
Gears are more finicky, exposed to weather, and prone to issues with cables.
I’ll likely be wireless shifting before dropping.
I am still on a external routed dropper which is fussy to cable tension. See how these internal routed posts go if I ever get a new bike.

moorey

call me Mia
I am still on a external routed dropper which is fussy to cable tension. See how these internal routed posts go if I ever get a new bike.
Ah, ok. I run external on a couple of older bikes still, but no issues. The Alpine is my winter bike, it’s external, and has been faultless. What brand? I only run Levs externally.

shiny

Ah, ok. I run external on a couple of older bikes still, but no issues. The Alpine is my winter bike, it’s external, and has been faultless. What brand? I only run Levs externally.
LEV as well. Runs well most of the time just every now and then it goes out whack and much faffing with cable tension to get sorted.

moorey

call me Mia
LEV as well. Runs well most of the time just every now and then it goes out whack and much faffing with cable tension to get sorted.
Changed the cable recently?
Maybe it’s time for a service, or at least a blob of slicko under the collar?