Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
... and they come in GOLD!!!, but missing purple
I often look at anodized purple and wonder.... should I? It does look good with black. But then.... the stigma.....

I think I'd go the naked alloy - unpainted pedals stand up to abuse a lot better. The blue does look like it'd match the Hope blue though.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Australian made MTB component company appears to be gaining momentum: https://www.oneonesevenbike.com.au/

Pedals are a little more than equivalents from Burgtec etc. but seems pretty reasonable given they'd be building at a much smaller scale.
Yeah noticed these, they've been really ramping up the social media marketing presence. Was interested, but the platform is too small for my liking.

I am seriously considering the 5DEV pedals at the moment though as an alternative to buying more TMacs

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah noticed these, they've been really ramping up the social media marketing presence. Was interested, but the platform is too small for my liking.

I am seriously considering the 5DEV pedals at the moment though as an alternative to buying more TMacs
I’ve been looking at the 5DEV pedals too but keep going back the TMacs (which are cheaper but definitely not cheap!!) The more I look at the 5DEV’s the more I question their claim of being concave. The centre is thicker than the platform so unless there’s some trickery involved they ain’t concave. But like the PNW pedals.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve been looking at the 5DEV pedals too but keep going back the TMacs (which are cheaper but definitely not cheap!!) The more I look at the 5DEV’s the more I question their claim of being concave. The centre is thicker than the platform so unless there’s some trickery involved they ain’t concave. But like the PNW pedals.
That's the one thing (well, other than the price) holding me back too. I can see how they could be considered flat, but I think concave could be a stretch, at least based on the pictures. I haven't found a decent side profile photo yet, which possibly wouldn't show much anyway as there's that raised bit on the outside.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Jeezus - I have read some frothy, marketing-wank laden shite in my time - but this “review” takes the fucking prize:
Yoshimura ENDH stem “review” - VitalMTB

Although the general tone of this doolally love-in already had me feeling like I was watching a MTB “journalist” lick the hairy nipples of a marketing executive just for a loan of a stupid looking stem for a few weeks, this bit really took the circle-jerk to another level:
It could just be a placebo effect, but when running 20mm or more of spacers below a stem, we notice that our steering feels less instant due to the increased leverage from having the stem mounted higher up on the steerer tube, causing flex. The ENDH stem made our steering and front end stability feel crisp and immediate, boosting our confidence when pushing through rough corners or staying in a straight line on fast, chattery straightaways.
Heavens to Betsy, if only I’d known that it’s not my feeble mind and lacking skills that see my shooting off the side of the simplest trails - it’s actually those dang stem spacers!

Fuck me… What an utterly redundant, ugly and unnecessarily complex design this overpriced this piece of crap is. Such a solid dedication to bias by the MTB copy-writer in their glossing over the possibility that if you cut your steerer to suit this stem it’d never be compatible with anything else again - or if you didn’t want that you’d have to ride around with a steer-tube/spacer prong poking precariously out above the stem like a periscope, or what you’d do if you didn’t actually want an insane amount of rise in a stem.

I get it’s probably hard to get a hold of products for “reviews” right now, but shit like this needs to die…

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stem spacers & nice stems being ugly compared to that thing (lol) aside.. So the beginning of the article waxes on about "benefits of a higher cockpit height", and higher stack meaning the "mounting point of your handlebars moves rearward, shortening your reach slightly. "

.. yet in the comparison pics they post, the ENDH stem (lol) with the way they've set it up clearly moves the bars back & down - lowering bar height and shortening reach. Wut.

Whole article is some bullshit if ever I saw any haha.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Jeezus - I have read some frothy, marketing-wank laden shite in my time - but this “review” takes the fucking prize:

Although the general tone of this doolally love-in already had me feeling like I was watching a MTB “journalist” lick the hairy nipples of a marketing executive just for a loan of a stupid looking stem for a few weeks, this bit really took the circle-jerk to another level:

Heavens to Betsy, if only I’d known that it’s not my feeble mind and lacking skills that see my shooting off the side of the simplest trails - it’s actually those dang stem spacers!

Fuck me… What an utterly redundant, ugly and unnecessarily complex design this overpriced this piece of crap is. Such a solid dedication to bias by the MTB copy-writer in their glossing over the possibility that if you cut your steerer to suit this stem it’d never be compatible with anything else again - or if you didn’t want that you’d have to ride around with a steer-tube/spacer prong poking precariously out above the stem like a periscope, or what you’d do if you didn’t actually want an insane amount of rise in a stem.

I get it’s probably hard to get a hold of products for “reviews” right now, but shit like this needs to die…
Another option for those flexy stem spacers..

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

They make nice mufflers though. Allegedly.