Little Things You Hate

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Been said a million times, but FB market place does my head in.

Found a few things for the 9yr olds bike, including a sweet pair of old air forks that would be a huge upgrade on the shit he has.

Message Friday arvo, confirm I’ll take them and agree on a general pick up time. All 3 on the basis I’d message to get address before leaving. All 3 ghosted me from there…

Not sure what’s so hard about a small bit of communication, even if just to say can’t do that time now and will let you know when free.

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid

Found a few things for the 9yr olds bike, including a sweet pair of old air forks that would be a huge upgrade on the shit he has.

Message Friday arvo, confirm I’ll take them and agree on a general pick up time. All 3 on the basis I’d message to get address before leaving. All 3 ghosted me from there…

Not sure what’s so hard about a small bit of communication, even if just to say can’t do that time now and will let you know when free.
Drugs are bad.

I'm actually only half joking. I've had a number of interactions with people who's behaviour can only properly be explained as a consequence of an abuse of illicit substances.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Scammers and kids. Scammers I can spot on the first stupid message they send.

Kids on the other hand, takes a few when you cant see their profile... especially this one who could spell and used punctuation :oops:

This little punk and I sent about 20-30 messages back and forward about my sons bike (sold thank f#%k) then he asked if I would hold it till Christmas as he was getting money from nanna.
Then was surprised when I said no, we were trying to sell it ASAP.
'Why are you in so much of a rush to get rid of a cool bike'
...because he's grown out of it.

Minlak

custom titis

Kids on the other hand, takes a few when you cant see their profile... especially this one who could spell and used punctuation :oops:

This little punk and I sent about 20-30 messages back and forward about my sons bike (sold thank f#%k) then he asked if I would hold it till Christmas as he was getting money from nanna.
15 years On OCAU forums when I listed computer stuff for sale I always had terms that included - if you are waiting for money from Grandma please don’t bid -first person with the money wins

glad to see the more things change the more they stay the same

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

Don’t think that applies to any of these. All COD on pickup for cheap stuff ($10-50). One might be a kid but the others definitely aren’t. Just general fwits I think. Or maybe I’m the fwit for trying?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Things are expensive because of cunts like this, I ran a business from home and in the end, I virtually only dealt with other businesses bar a few long-term friends. They always pay you and don't fuck you around with bookings. Some people just have pure shit in their heads, book a car in for a service, then turn up weeks later unannounced and think you're going to service their car on the day. Pretty hard when you book a full week's worth of work in and they've made you lose money by doing a no show to start with. I had a guy that wanted a starter motor rebuilt, got it done and rang the guy to come and pick it up then shows up 2 years later, I still had it but told him I threw it in the bin lol!

Minlak

custom titis
Things are expensive because of cunts like this, I ran a business from home and in the end, I virtually only dealt with other businesses bar a few long-term friends. They always pay you and don't fuck you around with bookings. Some people just have pure shit in their heads, book a car in for a service, then turn up weeks later unannounced and think you're going to service their car on the day. Pretty hard when you book a full week's worth of work in and they've made you lose money by doing a no show to start with. I had a guy that wanted a starter motor rebuilt, got it done and rang the guy to come and pick it up then shows up 2 years later, I still had it but told him I threw it in the bin lol!
We had a customer when I was as Telstra that had a faulty phone under warranty replaced they had our loan phone (loan phone was actually a pretty good phone - for 6 mths after their phone came back and they had not collected it - we started the process of documenting the abandoned stock process so we legally could turn the phone into a loan phone to replace the one they never returned - 2 year later the customer comes in wanting their phone as they had broken the loan phone and needed a new phone now - lol

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you and the bike physically ok?
Fark, that's some rugged shit, man.
The only safe assumption, IMO, is that every other road-user is trying to wipe you out.
Luckily yes. Suburban street so managed to swerve across into the far gutter and continue on. I'm normally the most cautious guy I know on the road so I'm pissed off that I missed this one until it was almost too late. May need to buy myself a new pair of shorts...
It's a very weird, not quite cross-road intersection so I'm not sure how he was planning navigating the turn he had to make regardless of whether I was there or not

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wiggle and CRC printerless returns, Just go to the post office and scan the QR code. It shows as an attachment just fine on PC, no sign if it on the mobile mail in the body or as an attachment. you can go to the website and link to your return, but the QR code isnt there. so to get a printerless return you have to go home and print it.

edit: did some more digging and find that if I access yahoo mail on the phone via browser rather than app, the barcode is there. woefully slow to use that way though so in this age paper is still more efficient than yahoo. so bad they should tender to run twitter into the ground

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Business owners who refuse to re-invest in the core of their business because it will make the bank account look too small.

Very closely followed by Production Planners who refuse to concede that old broken machinery won't output work as fast as it used to.

Day 1 of my week and I'm ready to walk out and not go back.

cammas

Seamstress
Business owners who refuse to re-invest in the core of their business because it will make the bank account look too small.

Very closely followed by Production Planners who refuse to concede that old broken machinery won't output work as fast as it used to.

Don’t worry I’m a planner and last week the manager (not mine) complains I have too much on the plan, now this week she wants more on the plan then now I’ve added it their worried they can’t complete it.
FML I just can’t win :rolleyes:

Mattyp

Cows go boing

This sounds all too familiar...and once again one of the machines royally crapped itself today and now we're talking about buying new equipment again...like we did 18months ago..."let's get some quotes and go from there"

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

This works both ways it seems...

Screenshot_20220428_204853.jpg

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

Printing money is not as simple as it used to be... especially in a regional centre.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
My husband has had his Marketplace access revoked. They said "Our community standards have been breached". I guess if one lists a detailed description and good photos it goes against their standards of dodgy thieving cnuts? He had a couple of synths listed and a bike and frame of mine.
I had no luck selling my stuff here and thought "stuff it, the kids can have it" and removed the ads. But Mama needs a new chari and I need to sell things before getting it!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
My husband has had his Marketplace access revoked. They said "Our community standards have been breached". I guess if one lists a detailed description and good photos it goes against their standards of dodgy thieving cnuts? He had a couple of synths listed and a bike and frame of mine.
I had no luck selling my stuff here and thought "stuff it, the kids can have it" and removed the ads. But Mama needs a new chari and I need to sell things before getting it!
eBay? or is that a dirty word too?

What really grinds my gears about FB is that if you get punished for something, your only avenue of appeal is clicking a button to appeal, there's no text field to ask why etc