Little Things You Hate

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My husband has had his Marketplace access revoked. They said "Our community standards have been breached". I guess if one lists a detailed description and good photos it goes against their standards of dodgy thieving cnuts? He had a couple of synths listed and a bike and frame of mine.
I had no luck selling my stuff here and thought "stuff it, the kids can have it" and removed the ads. But Mama needs a new chari and I need to sell things before getting it!
That sounds weird! I assume someone has reported it. Never heard of getting a Facebook ban for something in Marketplace, it's usually for some sort of conspiracy theory shit or a nip slip pic.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - when you finally accept you need to find a dual suspension frame to move parts from hardtail to, for big days in the saddle and you see Santa Cruz Tallboy frame on Gumtree for a reasonable price, sweet I wonder if he’ll post it.
You message the guy and you get a message back saying “This ad is no longer available”
Always the way, when you start looking to buy they’re never around or available, but if you’re just browsing they’re everywhere :rolleyes:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@cammas I was looking for something similar for my other half and bought one of these:

With an eBay discount deal the price started with a 6. Finding a shock may or may not be easy, I got a Manitou McLeod for a decent price from Wiggle at the time.

Fits older standards, and I can't spot anything wrong with the frame. She just uses it for fire roads and light single track near home so it hasn't been challenged with anything rough.

Flow-Rider

Burner
@cammas I was looking for something similar for my other half and bought one of these:

With an eBay discount deal the price started with a 6. Finding a shock may or may not be easy, I got a Manitou McLeod for a decent price from Wiggle at the time.

Fits older standards, and I can't spot anything wrong with the frame. She just uses it for fire roads and light single track near home so it hasn't been challenged with anything rough.
I've had the 26" version for years. They eat the rough better than most expect, just not the best pedal platform for efficacy compared to the current day bikes. The exaform 588RL works well in them.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah, it's not something I'd pick for my primary mtb, but a good host for a bunch of parts you might have gathering dust on a hardtail.

Some people have had complaints about cyclingdeal in the past, so buying via eBay is a good way to have a robust refund process just in case.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - people who put ads on marketplace as free then put “DM offers“ in the description and then I don’t see it until after I messaged them about it keen to get a freebie, luckily I didn’t rock up ready to walk off with 2 pairs of handlebars.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse