Little Things You Hate

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Just don't get why 19" (and lower profile) tyres exist especially on Australian roads. Other than on super flat roads I'd wager they get less grip than something with a higher profile. The significant price premium is also a bummer. More money for less real world grip?

Got 18" rims on a couple of cars and the poor state of the roads has had me buy two new front tyres and do a crack repair on one rear rim (genuine AMG so not some junk rim).

If my girls keep this up I'll be bringing some 16" steelies and winter tyres back from Germany. Maybe start a whole new trend #blackcoupemudder anyone?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just don't get why 19" (and lower profile) tyres exist especially on Australian roads. Other than on super flat roads I'd wager they get less grip than something with a higher profile. The significant price premium is also a bummer. More money for less real world grip?

Got 18" rims on a couple of cars and the poor state of the roads has had me buy two new front tyres and do a crack repair on one rear rim (genuine AMG so not some junk rim).

If my girls keep this up I'll be bringing some 16" steelies and winter tyres back from Germany. Maybe start a whole new trend #blackcoupemudder anyone?
But, but, what about me race car brah?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

The two tyre shops in my town have quite the collection of alloy wheel scraps as a result of the general state of the highways and byways around here over the last twelve months. One pothole that quickly developed over a weekend on the highway about 10 km out of town took tyres and wheels out of 18 vehicles and two caravans in just one day in late September...one of the caravans didn't survive.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Occasionally get tempted to get 18 inch Cloverleaf alloys for the Alfa because an Alfa looks wrong without Cloverleafs… But on dodgy Tassie roads, totally fine to keep more sidewall! Around here the potholes will destroy softroader tyres, let alone a 40 series tyre…

Also, I like ride comfort.

Am looking for some of these for the Megane - steelies are awesome and often lighter.

FACE5BC3-03F5-433F-92B3-EF79B130C197.jpeg

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I've done two runs from Carnburra to Brissie the inland way in the last few months and there is no relaxing over the entire journey. So many chances to literally write a car off just driving straight down a national highway...

Haakon

When did adult children become accepted in professional workplaces? I don’t get it.

If you’re being paid 120K + and representing Australia in international fora, is it too much to ask that you dress and behave professionally…? Leggings, a tutu type thing and a Pokémon t shirt are not what we want to see at a diplomatic event….

sigh. The public service tolerates a lot of wankers…

Flow-Rider

Burner
When did adult children become accepted in professional workplaces? I don’t get it.

If you’re being paid 120K + and representing Australia in international fora, is it too much to ask that you dress and behave professionally…? Leggings, a tutu type thing and a Pokémon t shirt are not what we want to see at a diplomatic event….

Photo please, I wanna have a good laugh.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

You need to remind yourself that, as a public servant, you are representing the Australian government and its people in all its glory. As a former public servant, I'd suggest to you that your colleague has absolutely fucking nailed it...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just don't get why 19" (and lower profile) tyres exist especially on Australian roads.
A couple of months ago I went away with a few mates which was an opportunity for some car comparisons (read: wank). Had a blat in mate's newish S5 on 19s followed by my (obviously superior) Liberty on 18s. Was extremely annoyed to discover the ride quality in his stupid Audi was better....
Occasionally get tempted to get 18 inch Cloverleaf alloys for the Alfa
Another mate has Cloverleafs and they make his shitty 33 actually look reasonably good. They clearly have magical powers.

Haakon

You need to remind yourself that, as a public servant, you are representing the Australian government and its people in all its glory. As a former public servant, I'd suggest to you that your colleague has absolutely fucking nailed it...
Fuck I wish you were wrong…

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Not sure i have any… But to assist with the mental picture, she is a fat 6 foot ranga…
Is she disabled as well? just curious.
Also, if she is a Pastafarian, she could wear a colander on her head as legitimate religious headgear, and wear it for her Driver Licence photo.
It would be on point with the rest of her outfit.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
What! You actually saw one?! They have been MIA for years except when they are parked up with a speed camera.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
F*cker was lying in wait, tried to get me to pull over in a no stopping zone in full school traffic, then followed me around the block twice and unleashed on me when i found somewhere safe to stop. Then tried to tell me my car was a stolen car *eyeroll*

I'm making a formal complaint. Last thing i need is a large, angry man with a gob full of busted teeth raising his voice at me whilst standing between me and escape. I didn't extricate myself from a DV marriage to put up with that.