COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Another 2 weeks extension to sydney lockdown. While necessary, I can only hope this doesn't extent to several months or else there goes my new job.. I'll not be able to move interstate to start, subsequently cancel the contract, and start looking for jobs again. Not great.. fresh out of uni as well. Hah... what a great way to start a career.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Thanks @Labcanary. At the end of the day it’s not a huge deal and it’s a pretty mild procedure but that doesn’t alleviate the anxiety of a 6 year old though. It’s just a kick in the guts when you have people running around giving zero fucks and locking whole cities down.
All the best, such a shitty situation.
Our son was born last year during COVID restrictions in hospitals and because we used a private midwife, the hospital was saying it was either going to be me or the midwife allowed in, but not both! We laboured at home for as long as possible and ended up needing an ambulance to get to the hospital. I called ahead earlier and said we're coming in, and its me and the midwife or we're delivering in your carpark. They let us in when we got there.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I can see a “circuit breaker” lockdown this week if cases keep going up.. Restrictions will change this arvo/tonight no doubt though..
Fucking hope not. Vice Captain is supposed to be having his once in lifetime Year 6 camp in Beechworth next week followed by Representative Baseball the following weekend.

He had all of his Year 5 stuff cancelled last year.

Fucking NSW cockheads

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Can't @Haakon just get into a ball sports team like anyone else. You can pretty much do whatever you like and just apologise profusely and swear that 'You have learnt from your mistakes and wont do it again' if you get busted and your lucrative contract is threatened to be torn up. Works every time.
+1. Pretend to join #ScrotuMo's Jeebus Cult and that will be your golden ticket to do whatever the fuck you like ;):D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks cunts.
Thats an understatement. These thunder cunts deserve a stay care of her majesty's pleasure. How the fuck can be people be so brainless with their actions? This family couldn't shop online?

also found out today that I qualify for an express route to vaccination thanks to work. I guess not quitting just before this lockdown has come up with 2 bonuses!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yep Vic lockdown in a day or two. Guaranteed.

Fuckers. We rescheduled our camping trip to this weekend after the June long weekend lockdown fucked us over last time.

And its going to happen again.
I'm supposed to be flying back to Darwin on Monday for work. Given how quick on the trigger the NT are when it comes to border restrictions I reckon I'm either not going (and therefore not getting any income) or I'm staring down the barrel of another 2 week stint in Howard Springs just 3 weeks after the last one.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ ABC spelling has dissapointed me almost as much as these stories of people not being able to do the right thing.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
^ ABC spelling has dissapointed me almost as much as these stories of people not being able to do the right thing.
This unfortunately is what happens when cut their budgets over and over and over again.. Theyre basically getting work experience kids doing editing on the weekends these days, all they can afford.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This unfortunately is what happens when cut their budgets over and over and over again.. Theyre basically getting work experience kids doing editing on the weekends these days, all they can afford.
Likely not. This will be from an editorial style guide that says J is their preferred spelling. When I was in the content editing game there was a lot of corporate E dropping. Acknowledgement, lodgement, and so on all lost their E post g.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fucking hope not. Vice Captain is supposed to be having his once in lifetime Year 6 camp in Beechworth next week followed by Representative Baseball the following weekend.

He had all of his Year 5 stuff cancelled last year.

Fucking NSW cockheads
Yep it fking sucks, try living in Melb where your kids have missed out on everything..
Lets hope there are no cases in regional vic and you all get spared..