COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Seems the removal companies have a free run of clean states with a bit of paper and a false promise when people are locked down in their cities, unable to visit family in hospital and dying relatives interstate.
Maybe they should start a people smuggling business?

Are we rootin' for Scomo-alt just because he used a swear word?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's looking like there's a 4 day delay between new restrictions being announced and the community impact. The LGA or 10km rule came into effect late last week and the newly announced cluster sites are looking like tighter clusters around Bondi and Fairfield. The daily testing numbers are remaining over 50k which is a good sign too.

In other news, I was listening to an Economist podcast talking about the the cost to the US economy of the pandemic. There's been a few new studies looking at whether lockdowns have been worth it (economic value of saved lives vs economic cost of lockdown) and there isn't a consensus yet. There is a consensus that the benefits of lockdowns have overwhelmingly benefited the boomers at a huge cost to the young. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
In other news, I was listening to an Economist podcast talking about the the cost to the US economy of the pandemic. There's been a few new studies looking at whether lockdowns have been worth it (economic value of saved lives vs economic cost of lockdown) and there isn't a consensus yet. There is a consensus that the benefits of lockdowns have overwhelmingly benefited the boomers at a huge cost to the young. Yay!
Wait until they crunch the numbers on CC.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep a $4000 fine when the boat was $18000/day. The fine was just a small extra cost to see the game. Honestly should have a conviction recorded against them and fines should be a percentage of a person's annual income.
They probably discussed and laughed at the 'possible' little infringement while snorting a 30k bowl of coke.

The boat should have been confiscated and scuttled at sea :D

That would wipe the smile off his face.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Chunts didn't even check in wherever they went.

Strange as the country town are usually the most anal at making sure people check in... you would think even more so on the highway between states.

This could be a fine for the servo too.

View attachment 377485
This surprises me. It has become the new normal here Was in the Barossa over the weekend and every place we went to asked if we had checked in and one asking to check our phones for the check in Presume a fine heading their way.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
This surprises me. It has become the new normal here Was in the Barossa over the weekend and every place we went to asked if we had checked in and one asking to check our phones for the check in Presume a fine heading their way.
Mate, the country towns are absolutely obsessed with covid protocols, they will ask to see your phone and shout at you for not using sanitiser.

A 5k fine would push some of those little businesses to shut the doors.

I have been using my check in for what must be a year now, its no big deal. I actually feel like I've stolen something if I walk into an establishment and out again without check in... then remember I didn't use my app.