COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
While we have massive data collection issues in Australia thanks to states doing whatever the fuck they want, that’s not a claim that can be substantiated.

Only NSW and ACT health departments are collecting vax status of covid patients and covid related deaths.

Here is the data on the federal health website. These numbers span 16th June to 7th October 2021.

You're suggesting a complete turn around of vax vs non vax deaths. Please explain

Data here: https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...release-documents-covid-19-related-deaths.pdf

they're just thrown around numbers mate, they dont mean squat :D

Freediver

I can go full Karen
No evidence, just the fact that most of aus are vaccinated
I'll give you a hand with this rather than hang shit.
If you have 1000 apples with 50 unsprayed and 950 sprayed and 5 unsprayed get coddling moth and 10 sprayed then yes more sprayed apples have moth larvae but when you consider that 1 in 10 apples from the unsprayed group got grubs and only 1 in 95 apples that got sprayed it's obvious that spraying offers a degree of protection.
We can do the same thing with covid data.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
this is called confirmation bias. Vaccine data efficacy data collected from across the globe exceeds any anecdotal evidence of literally all the people you know, have ever known and will know in the future.

Being able to understand that is where the line is between being a critical thinker and a Qanon believer.
Nah that's all fake news. Behind closed doors that data is being manipulated to push the 5G agenda.

safreek

No one can truly prove? um, yes they can, and they have been literally proving it for at least a year now. Those figures that you think are being "thrown around" is the proof. If you are unable to interpret that information or understand it dooesnt make it incorrect. What sort of proof would satisfy if not the actual literal proof? You ARE starting to sound like a Qnon-er

the funny thing about this statement even though its wrong on a fundamental level, its kind of makes sense but only on the basis that simply more people are vaccinated. what a stupid thing to say.

The vast majority of people who die in car accidents held a drivers license. Maybe, just maybe, holding a drivers license isn't preventing deaths on the road. Fuck driving licenses, i know people without licenses who are alive.
they're just thrown around numbers mate, they dont mean squat :D
PNG, population 9 million, 468,000 vaccinations, 662 deaths since covid started.
Please explain.

Now let's not go saying it's a different country, blah blah just figures alone thank you.
Non vax country vs vaxxed country

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Now let's not go saying it's a different country, blah blah just figures alone thank you.
Well the fact it's a different country is relevant, in the sense that their data quality may not be comparable to ours.

For example:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
mate dial it back, I'm half convinced you're Moorey's second log in. People can hold different opinions to you without this carry on. How about making it an intelligent debate?
Absolutely not, Moorey actually owns and rides a bike, this clown only posts in 3 threads, Corona, Politics and make America great.

He should buy a bike and go ride it instead of scouring the internet for fake statistic bullshit and spouting copious amounts of verbal diarrhoea while we do bikes.

safreek

I'm glad you chose a 1st world country to compare...
To be honest their figures should be chronic compared to Australia, I think I found a country with basically no medical system, 5 percent vaxxed and having Australia as a neighbour. Christ, their figures should be through the roof.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm glad you chose a 1st world country to compare...
Yes, exactly. Adding New Zealand to the graph is useful.

Also, if you have a look at PNG testing it's basically non-existent:

Yes, PNG is enabled for that graph.

Christ, their figures should be through the roof.
The above should help explain why they're not.

All you've found is a country with unreliable data.

safreek

Yes, let's compare apples, and steak.
How about we just compare the figures like everyone has been quoting.
We are comparing a virus, no socioeconomic status.
What don't you understand, seems like a country with only the basics has it beaten whereas we haven't

nathanm

Eats Squid
The ability to have an intelligent debate evaporates when one party refuses to cite any evidence to back up their opinions.
True, but I thought saying that was more polite than saying stop being a twat.
The old 'Rona is a hot button topic and end of the day everyone has an opinion but none of us are close to experts. Sure we can sight or is it site? what we read and what were told but real world experience is very much different. What one person believes is really a choice for them and doesn't really impact what happens to us. I was vaccinated, my family was vaccinated, my colleagues are vaccinated, my friends are vaccinated and we all got bloody coronavirus off each other and that experience will most definitely impact my personal opinion moreso than what I read or see.

safreek

What cracks me up the most is the amount of people vaccinated, assuming most of you as well as me are, why most aren't wearing masks.
I can't believe how selfish some of you are.
I hope you all realise that you can still spread it.
Bloody selfish to all the old and immune deficient

safreek

Yes, exactly. Adding New Zealand to the graph is useful.

View attachment 391210

Also, if you have a look at PNG testing it's basically non-existent:
View attachment 391212

Yes, PNG is enabled for that graph.

The above should help explain why they're not.

All you've found is a country with unreliable data.
Yeah, a lot of aussies aren't testing either judging by the non existent lines at testing stations, rats are about 60 percent right so the tv told me this morning.
Also according to squiddy face friends or colleagues are just ignoring positive tests.
Depends on how you look at it really.
Love how a first world country always get things right

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No evidence, just the fact that most of aus are vaccinated
US population 332 million
Aus population 27 million

US deaths 1,000,000+
Aus deaths 10,000+

US Vaccination rate (double dosed) ~67% (and very patchy state-to-state)
Aus vaccination rate 84%

We have 8% of the US's population, but 1% the number of the deaths
I think I found a country with basically no medical system
Yet somehow has 100% testing and reporting coverage. Hmmm….