COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ausdb

Being who he is
Holy f$ck, How dumb can some people be? And to make it worse he was picked up a couple of suburbs away.
Based on recent quarantine breach prosecutions he'll be enjoying some striped sunshine before he gets sent back to Qld.

moorey

call me Mia
It is but to be fair they're also dealing with thousands of exposure sites across the state based largely on details supplied by the most unreliable source of all: The general public.
I reckon 1/2 the people I see checking in around here with the QR app are just pretending. They hold their phone up, then just put it back on their pocket or turn it off. I don't know if they don't know what to do, or they're just being flogs. Either way, if there's a need to trace, forget it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon 1/2 the people I see checking in around here with the QR app are just pretending. They hold their phone up, then just put it back on their pocket or turn it off. I don't know if they don't know what to do, or they're just being flogs. Either way, if there's a need to trace, forget it.
The larger establishments here want to check your phone to make sure you've signed in, if you see flogs doing what you reckon, it will be in your best interest to pipe up and say something to them.

moorey

call me Mia
The larger establishments here want to check your phone to make sure you've signed in, if you see flogs doing what you reckon, it will be in your best interest to pipe up and say something to them.
Around here, some shops ask if you have, but never check.
And no, it’s really not in my interest to approach these people. It’s a small community, and while I don’t know most of these people personally, I know who they are and they know who I am, and it’s not something I’m prepared to deal with the fallout for years to come.
People here are burned out. It’s more emotionally charged than you probably understand.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ yes , I agree with this summation.
Its not like the City where you can be a bit invisible - unfortunate and yes it’s a cop out .
This situation will continue for some time yet , truth be told .
my ‘ out ‘ is I’m almost vaccinated , but I’m old , but I don’t really go to high risk areas….

Stay Safe and be Alert .
- the world needs more ‘Lerts hahahahaha

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have seen this in quite a few places, even out bush. You southerners just don't give a fuck. Close the borders.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Around here, some shops ask if you have, but never check.
And no, it’s really not in my interest to approach these people. It’s a small community, and while I don’t know most of these people personally, I know who they are and they know who I am, and it’s not something I’m prepared to deal with the fallout for years to come.
People here are burned out. It’s more emotionally charged than you probably understand.
Same here. We have a friend down in Melbourne and he's like "why is everyone panicking and lining up for days". We pointed out that in places like this it's not hard to be only one step away from a contagious person.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I check in using the Service Vic app. Scan code, one click, all done.

moorey

call me Mia
I check in using the Service Vic app. Scan code, one click, all done.
Same. (Though 2 clicks…open app, check in)
They aren’t clicking. I don’t think they’re even unlocking and turning on camera in some cases, just trying to look like they’re doing it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got the Astra Zeneca first jab yesterday. Was fine until about 10pm, then the list of side-effects were all experienced:

Common side effects after COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca include:

• injection site pain or tenderness
  • tiredness
  • headache
  • muscle pain
  • fever and chills
  • puts you on your arse like a rhino hit with a tranquiliser dart

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Its not like the City where you can be a bit invisible - unfortunate and yes it’s a cop out .
Haha... I regularly sound the horn and tell people to get off their phone, tell people their dog has shit and to lift it or tell them they need to get their dog on a lead.

Nobody has ever been happy with me but with the anonymity in a city there is no repercussions to my life, business or family.

Old men are the worst, they really hate being told anything. I'm not rude about it, usually informing them there is a fine or it's for the dogs safety with MTBers riding fast on trails.

About 5yrs ago, one old chunt at Craigburn wanted to fight me, he was 5 foot tall and about 90yrs old, his dog was jumping on my kids. My boys were about 8-9 at the time and were visibly scared, I told him to get the dog under control or I was going to kick it away. He eventually did but reckoned he was going to show me some of his kung-fu moves :D

moorey

call me Mia
Got the Astra Zeneca first jab yesterday. Was fine until about 10pm, then the list of side-effects were all experienced:

Common side effects after COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca include:

• injection site pain or tenderness
  • tiredness
  • headache
  • muscle pain
  • fever and chills
  • puts you on your arse like a rhino hit with a tranquiliser dart
Exactly what I experienced (sans arm pain). You should be right as rain by tonight, though I ran hot for a week afterwards, and would sweat profusely on even a light, cold ride.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Exactly what I experienced (sans arm pain). You should be right as rain by tonight, though I ran hot for a week afterwards, and would sweat profusely on even a light, cold ride.
Pretty much what I'm expecting, just amazed me how suddenly it dropped me last night.

Still, better than having potentiallu having those type of symptoms for weeks with COVID!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Again at the local last night. Three young adults, two male, one female, wandering around with masks off. Giggling like they were being just soo fucking smart. Female had the mask hanging from one ear, one male had his under his chin and the third had the mask hanging out of his shirt pocket. So I said you may all be mentally under 12 but show some fucking common sense and wear your masks like a normal person. Next time they all had masks on, not sure if it was because of what I said or not but don't care. What the fuck is really going on?

moorey

call me Mia
Still, better than having potentiallu having those type of symptoms for weeks with COVID!
*Potential long term/lifetime effects...or worse. Yeah, small price to pay.
Additionally, as someone who so rarely gets sick, it's a good reminder of how good it feels to feel good after you recover.
I suffered from frequent chronic headaches for most of my life until about 8 months ago when doc put me on anti-inflams for my back. I just got so used to feeling shite that it became the norm. I only get one a fortnight these days, and I kinda enjoy them as it reminds me how good I generally have it now.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Pretty much what I'm expecting, just amazed me how suddenly it dropped me last night.

It knocked me on my arse to the point where after 3 days, I went and got tested just to make sure I didn't actually have COVID. Full flu symptoms that only cleared up on Day 4. First time I've ever had noticeable side effects from a vaccine and I've hadmore than my fair share of jabs.

To add insult to injury, the following weekend I picked up some bug from my mate's demonic pre-schoolers and was sick for the remainder of my leave.