COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yes, she got the flu shot when it became available this year, around 2 months ago IIRC.
This is one area where I definitely think the Covid shot will be made a requirement for your employment.
My work has offered free flu shots for the past 5 or so years. I think it is a productivity thing why they do that, to reduce sick leave.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I'm no expert in airborne disease, but I've always thought a Hotel with air circulating round the building was the worst possible option for quarantine.
Am I missing something?

In most offices you can almost guarantee if a person sneezes, everyone will be doing similar over a 2-3 week period.
I heard that the "higher quality" hotels rooms were somehow "pressurised" so that the air provided to it was recirculated via the air con and the bacteria etc was scrubbed by the system. The cheaper hotels rooms aren't so the air inside escapes out into the hallways etc. I believe the SA case that has caused the Victoria lockdown may have been blamed on adjoining rooms tenants opening the doors to collect meals in quick succession causing the transmission?

But i'd suggest googling it for yourself.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just had the first Pfizer dose, second one booked in for 3 weeks.. So far so good, lets see what happens overnight..

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Probably some media hype in here but spreading from casual contact Vs spending longer periods of time around an infected person, yikes!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...ed-rapid-spread-with-casual-contact/100182396
The expert saying "Small things like keeping your car window open if you are travelling with others, or opening a window at home even though it's cold, will make a big difference," she said.

No wonder people are skeptical, almost sounds like they are making it up

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep, extremely worrying.

From memory I read something similar that there are notable gaps in SARS and MERS sequencing too (e.g. they know the origin animal, but don't know how it jumped from that animal > mystery second animal > human).

But that doesn't mean shit to anyone desperately seeking someone - anyone - to blame for this and a complex story with a myriad of contributing factors is just so much harder to process and yell about than THE VIRUS CAME FROM A CHYNA LAB

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Monday morning: AZ jab
Monday eve: Headache
Monday night/Tuesday morning: bad headache, chills and sweats
Tuesday: mild headache and a bit of lethargy (maybe from zero sleep)
Wednesday morning: 2h trail ride and feeling bonza.
I haven't felt Bonza in a long time, maybe the jab is performance enhancing. Sign me up!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yep, extremely worrying.

From memory I read something similar that there are notable gaps in SARS and MERS sequencing too (e.g. they know the origin animal, but don't know how it jumped from that animal > mystery second animal > human).

But that doesn't mean shit to anyone desperately seeking someone - anyone - to blame for this and a complex story with a myriad of contributing factors is just so much harder to process and yell about than THE VIRUS CAME FROM A CHYNA LAB
Even more so are the dumb fucks who are convinced that it was deliberately released by the Chinese.
That'd be like the Yanks announcing to the world that they had the atomic bomb by nuking Chicago.

Personally, I'm hedging towards the recent traction in the man-made virus story being a deliberate ploy by the US and it's allies to exert a bit of diplomatic pressure on China. If daft rumours like that are granted a hint of legitimacy by a US President who isn't an attention-seeking compulsive liar, then it may provide an interesting counter to the current muscle-flexing that China's doing with it's various trade wars and belligerent South China Sea shenanigans.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just had the first Pfizer dose, second one booked in for 3 weeks.. So far so good, lets see what happens overnight..
Monday morning: AZ jab
Monday eve: Headache
Monday night/Tuesday morning: bad headache, chills and sweats
Tuesday: mild headache and a bit of lethargy (maybe from zero sleep)
Wednesday morning: 2h trail ride and feeling bonza.
Great day to have it, feel a bit shit tonight, double-dicky off work Thursday and Friday then right as rain for the weekend :p