Australia Post, I hate you!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Had a few non bike deliveries with Couriers Please items here in 2 days from ordering and a new bike for my daughter via shippit and here within 2 days as well. Might give other shipping companies the incentive to do better if Aus Post is hiking prices. Or not.
Couriers Please's service level is very dependent on the local delivery person. Depending where you are they can be excellent - fast and caring, and other times they're really slow and handly stuff pretty roughly. God forbid something goes missing in transit too - I've tried to track some missing freight with them a few times over the years and they make AusPost look like the most conscientious, caring people on the plant - and we all know that ain't correct either.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Couriers Please's service level is very dependent on the local delivery person. Depending where you are they can be excellent - fast and caring, and other times they're really slow and handly stuff pretty roughly. God forbid something goes missing in transit too - I've tried to track some missing freight with them a few times over the years and they make AusPost look like the most conscientious, caring people on the plant - and we all know that ain't correct either.
True. I was quite suprised. The Couriers Please was a tiny Indian lady. Unmarked van so presume they are under contract doing deliveries like Aus Post do at peak times.

beeb

True. I was quite suprised. The Couriers Please was a tiny Indian lady. Unmarked van so presume they are under contract doing deliveries like Aus Post do at peak times.
The lady that used to deliver to my old house drove a 1st-gen SWB RAV4. It looked weary, but it seemed to work for her. Haha.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
We've got a nutter delivering for CP. He drives like a maniac, spinning the wheels to take off, forgets the handbrake, parks wherever he pleases. He's friendly enough but he's a menace on the road and often clicks the "delivering today" and "item has been delivered" at the same time - after delivery.

beeb

We've got a nutter delivering for CP. He drives like a maniac, spinning the wheels to take off, forgets the handbrake, parks wherever he pleases. He's friendly enough but he's a menace on the road and often clicks the "delivering today" and "item has been delivered" at the same time - after delivery.
Parcel for @Labcanary's house!

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Team effort between AP & other carriers... Ordered a pair of brake rotor lockrings a month ago, 10/6. Despatched in a day or so, allegedly. According to tracking, info lodged with AP 16/6. Left origin country 18/6. Then radio silence... Arrived at "destination hub" 1/7. Another week of nothing. Today, "processed at facility, Melbourne" then a few minutes later "in transit to Launceston". Why the fuck is it going there? The delivery address is in Melbourne suburbs!!!!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
When did Aus Post yack the prices up? Sent a couple parcels lately and shocked at the price. Local PO is a newsagent/lotto and doesn't have the prepaid satchels. Hasn’t been a problem as pricing has been the same but may need to travel further to a Aus Post run PO to get the medium satchels which are now $14 instead of $12 and extra cost for a signature.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
When did Aus Post yack the prices up? Sent a couple parcels lately and shocked at the price. Local PO is a newsagent/lotto and doesn't have the prepaid satchels. Hasn’t been a problem as pricing has been the same but may need to travel further to a Aus Post run PO to get the medium satchels which are now $14 instead of $12 and extra cost for a signature.
I did see on ramcycleparts that their postage rates have gone up due to AusPost's price hike.

Not sure when but must've been recently

safreek

Bastards charged me 22 bucks to send some forks, used to be 12 to 14.
Bring back that holgate woman I say

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a couple of items on the US Pink Bike site last May. Had them sent to a friend to post to me. (even with postage much cheaper than here). I asked him to hold onto them until we returned from the UK at the end of June. He posted on July 3rd. Arrived in LA June 5th....and sat there until September 4th. No amount of email, form filling out and phone calls could get either Aust Post or US Postal to do more than point finger at each other.
Arrived to day. But I will be selling the shock as in the interim some one asked about buying the frame it was for so I sold it, not knowing if the shock would ever turn up. Anyway, glad that they ave arrived.
20230907_133137 (FILEminimizer).jpg

20230907_133244 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
No amount of email, form filling out and phone calls could get either Aust Post or US Postal to do more than point finger at each other.
Yeah, that was my outcome when Austpost handed me a big empty box with a big tear in the bottom of it that was sent from bike24. All that had to happen was for DHL to send a claim number to Austpost but they sidestepped it at every opportunity they had and then offered me a gift voucher of $50 for a $150 loss.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Eldest kid ordered a package from Canada and they apparently used a Chinese courier company to get it in to Oz before AusPost took over.
I get a message from him at school asking whether it's been delivered as he got a confirmation email. As I work from home and didn't hear the door, this came as a bit of a surprise. Did a check of outside and nothing.
Check the tracking info and it's been delivered to a suburb in NSW, which is great as we're in VIC (and at one point the parcel was 'out for delivery' from Footscray)
AusPost are now claiming that they delivered it correctly and the courier company must have changed the address...

I have a feeling he's never getting that parcel

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Even with an Auspost account, once a parcel is in transit, you cannot delay delivery date or change the "leave without signature" setting. Sat on the phone for half an hour with a girl who tried everything, even talking to the local sorting centre. Nup, computer says no.

Such as simple and foreseeably useful function. Auspost is just so fucking shit.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Even with an Auspost account, once a parcel is in transit, you cannot delay delivery date or change the "leave without signature" setting. Sat on the phone for half an hour with a girl who tried everything, even talking to the local sorting centre. Nup, computer says no.

Such as simple and foreseeably useful function. Auspost is just so fucking shit.
can't divert to post office for pickup via App? then can pick up within a week...
better than postie leaving package on top of my fence :)

Last edited: