What new hobbies/activities have you taken up during lockdown?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also pulled out the guitar and dusted off Native Instruments Guitar rig 3 with the Kontrol foot pedal board. I discovered that this version has not been supported since 2013. I got it working by telling them that I wanted an upgrade to the latest version. It still sounds pretty good. I bought a spark amp too that should arrive this week.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Yeh, I love Gretsch guitars. I was wondering on the significance of the penguin?
I don't know where the penguin came from, I just did some reading as you sparked my interest. The penguin was originally made by Gretsch in the 50s. They never advertised it and sold around 50 of them. They re birthed the penguin recently.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
My boy is a southpaw and a talented drummer. His first teacher encouraged him to set up the kit right hander but play open hand (left handed) so he could play any drum kit in the future. Seems to have done the trick. Curious thing his when he picks up a guitar or bass he plays right handed.
To be honest in a lot of ways open-handed makes more sense but isn't really the done thing. It's also somewhat harder if your left isn't your dominant hand, which probably stops most people. Mike Bordin from Faith No More is a lefty playing a standard kit, and what a drummer...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My boy is a southpaw and a talented drummer. His first teacher encouraged him to set up the kit right hander but play open hand (left handed) so he could play any drum kit in the future. Seems to have done the trick. Curious thing his when he picks up a guitar or bass he plays right handed.
I don't play, but I discovered Dire Straits (and therefore Mark Knopfler) when I was fairly young. For the really intricate stuff, isn't being a lefty an advantage?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
2 games played and you's are awarding yourself the league :p

Check the gap to second, will be bigger this year.
I'm not sure how you can improve on an unbeaten season when you're already down a game in week two but then numbers (particularly in the accounting department) have never been Rangers strong point.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm not sure how you can improve on an unbeaten season when you're already down a game in week two but then numbers (particularly in the accounting department) have never been Rangers strong point.
2nd place has more losses ? make 2 of those draws into wins ? Pretty simple.

20-21 we ended up with 10 wins more than 2nd.

Aberdeen, less than half the wins for 4th place :p

I use 'we' loosely, I have not followed Scottish football (or any) in about 17yrs now.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Not so much new stuff, just doing more of stuff I'd already been doing as side stuff. For a few years, kayaking has been my off-season replacement for sailing, but with limited riding options in lockdown, it gets a bit more of a workout. Only flat water in my limited range, but I do some mild whitewater when distance limits allow. The other thing is sailing my radio-controlled yacht. Mental exercise more than physical, as for any RC stuff; there's a bit of mind-bending involved in correcting one's perception of how the thing appears to be going from the operator's platform, vs what it's really doing.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That said, seeing that Darts isn't really a new hobby, I'd say PC gaming and VR has been the lockdown fad. The release of Microsoft Flight Simulator with it's satellite imagery and ability to fly anywhere in the planet (and then walk around the local streets in Google Streetview VR) inspired me to join the PC master-race and embark on a shitload of armchair tourism.
Admittedly I may have gone a little overboard when shopping for this (lot of time on my hands at work/in quarantine) but it’s been totally worth it…

http://instagr.am/p/CQ2loxDAqfW/

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Admittedly I may have gone a little overboard when shopping for this (lot of time on my hands at work/in quarantine) but it’s been totally worth it…
Nice setup ! Now... can you fire off those torpedos/bombs and mess the places up ?

EDIT: First comment in Insta... no.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Last year, we had some kids at home, so we had a lot of table tennis on the back deck, going on... in the good weather.

Since then, we are more empty nesting... we have been riding everything I know of, in the region.

So, for me, at home, it has been music.

Best of all is jamming with my Amy and her very talented Man, and my youngest daughters also very talented Partner... we have had some fun.

On the guitar front... I've gone down the Wet/Dry Guitar Amp rabbit hole, with a new pedal board that makes that happen. It has all FET based very smooth overdrive, and sounds awesome at home, but I doubt it would be so obviously good gigging. Hopefully, I'll get back to you on that eventually.

Drums-wise, I picked up an old Tama kit that was in a church since '88. So, sorted the hardware, isolation mounts, new heads, redid the bearing edges on the toms, then swapped the 12",13" power toms for a 10" Mapex which mounts nice and low and I painted to match the faded cream of the the kit. Added a 6.5" maple snare and some nice pies. Love it. It is a really easy setup and I want to use it gigging, but yeah... that's a way off.

More recently, I picked up a three quarter sized P bass... an Artist MiniP. Really having some fun with it. I have a real Fender P bass and an EB3 at home, but this things short scale is way easier to play for a (crappy) guitarist like me, and its tone is absolutely as good as my more expensive offerings.

So yeah, playing a lot of music...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Nice setup ! Now... can you fire off those torpedos/bombs and mess the places up ?

EDIT: First comment in Insta... no.
The footage in Insta is from DCS World which is a fairly full-on simulation of actual fighter jets and helicopters and whatnot. You can blow shit up and it's a hell of a lot of fun although being a fairly hardcore sim, it's also a bit of a headfuck. Depending on the ordnance used you might have to punch in the GPS coordinates and altitude of your target beforehand/set fuse times or dispersal heights/program laser guidance - all at the same time as flying the aircraft!
The downside is that you're restricted to handful of (admittedly fairly large) maps and the graphics aren't photo-realistic

Microsoft Flight Sim on the other hand is a bit more benign and user friendly. You can't blow shit up but everything's easier to fly, you're unrestricted in where you can fly and it streams satellite imagery from Microsofts version of Google Earth to make it look like the real-deal.

Edit:- here’s some footage from MSFS taken from above the airfield in Perthshire my old man and I used to go skydiving at when I was a young’un.

http://instagr.am/p/CQ3Kw_5AvqM/