What new hobbies/activities have you taken up during lockdown?

For me it's been more of what I love outside of bikes, 4 string and 5 string bass guitar.
Started playing probably about 7 yrs ago but played saxophone before that so the concepts carried over. Definitely improved as I'm home more.
Do you SLAP the bass ?

My work from home desk is in the same room with my guitars, I get distracted a lot. I'm not getting any better, seem to be wearing out the same parts on the neck ie chronic noodler

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you SLAP the bass ?

View attachment 378732

My work from home desk is in the same room with my guitars, I get distracted a lot. I'm not getting any better, seem to be wearing out the same parts on the neck ie chronic noodler
Davie504! That cat can play.

Yep, I'm a bass slapper. Marcus Miller is my player of choice but I learner fingerstyle first.

I work in the study with my basses but thankfully don't get too distracted by them during work hours.

@The Reverend do you get asked to play Seinfeld ? That would have to be the guitar equivalent of Stairway.

One must know how to play it, but never do so.

When I was in the Melon Farmers I was made to play the forbidden song (Smoke on the Water), twas fun at practice after a few beers but super cringey live.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@The Reverend do you get asked to play Seinfeld ? That would have to be the guitar equivalent of Stairway.

One must know how to play it, but never do so.

When I was in the Melon Farmers I was made to play the forbidden song (Smoke on the Water), twas fun at practice after a few beers but super cringey live.
Fun fact, it's played on synth, not bass!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@The Reverend dont know what sort of music you like. Heard of the The infectious grooves?
Rob Trujillo with Mike Muir from the Suicidals. Some awesome slap Bass on going on in that stuff. In fact I might just chuck some on now!
Sorry, I missed this.

Generally jazz funk is my thing on bass (incognito / Jamiroquai / Marcus Miller as well as 80's soul...)

On Sax it's smooth Jazz. Think Boney James, Najee, Kirk Whalum.

I guess some will call it elevator music, I just love playing it and listening to it. Very chill...

I'll have to give the artists you've mentioned a listen!

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
Mentally planning a diy towable sauna that is powered by a wood burning rocket stove that I have no reason to actually build... I really should get back to what I am supposed to do while working from home
So that seemed to lead to me ordering one of these sauna tents and stove from Russia. https://morzh.eu/
I spent 3 months in Siberia a while ago, the Russians know what they are doing when it comes to saunas and outdoor stuff!

I'll set it up in the backyard for probably most weekends during lockdown. I really want to use it for camping/riding trips in cooler weather and winter day at some awesome secluded local beaches.