What does your day look like?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I spent hours digging into a Samsung compressors main PCB a few years ago when it failed for no good reason. One large single PCB with IGBT's for compressor motor VFD. Everything was vaporised on the high side of the PCB for no apparent reason. Unit was wired back to the main distribution board on its own breaker, single phase DB. Two other air conditioners in the house, same deal, breakers for each. Nothing else in the house had failed, the UPS for my server rack was set to full logging and alerts, never any notable voltage spikes, quite the mystery. Wired a Lenz single phase 240 in, 240v out VFD to the compressor motor and it ran fine. Completely stumped, ended up buying a new pcb direct from our states master distributor who were amazed I'd gone down to board level

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I spent hours digging into a Samsung compressors main PCB a few years ago when it failed for no good reason. One large single PCB with IGBT's for compressor motor VFD. Everything was vaporised on the high side of the PCB for no apparent reason. Unit was wired back to the main distribution board on its own breaker, single phase DB. Two other air conditioners in the house, same deal, breakers for each. Nothing else in the house had failed, the UPS for my server rack was set to full logging and alerts, never any notable voltage spikes, quite the mystery. Wired a Lenz single phase 240 in, 240v out VFD to the compressor motor and it ran fine. Completely stumped, ended up buying a new pcb direct from our states master distributor who were amazed I'd gone down to board level
Hmm, sounds similar. We have another Fujitsu split system also on its own circuit breaker and it is fine.

The Samsung pcb in question looks fine physically, no burnt tracks or heat related signs, but I will know soon enough. This is a little roll of the dice and I am fiddling with this myself since I don't want to pour $$$ into an A/C Service call yet. Trying to extend time till I cut my losses and put it into a new system.

I also enjoy to mess around with things like this but it is few and far between. Too much software only things now :/

There are replacement pcb's out there but I'm not there 'just' yet.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hmm, sounds similar. We have another Fujitsu split system also on its own circuit breaker and it is fine.

The Samsung pcb in question looks fine physically, no burnt tracks or heat related signs, but I will know soon enough. This is a little roll of the dice and I am fiddling with this myself since I don't want to pour $$$ into an A/C Service call yet. Trying to extend time till I cut my losses and put it into a new system.

I also enjoy to mess around with things like this but it is few and far between. Too much software only things now :/

There are replacement pcb's out there but I'm not there 'just' yet.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/471478870798839/?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My day, fixing mum and dads alarm system.

I’d like to poke in the eye the “technician” that installed this

An intertwined jumble of cabling that is tight.
Termination resistors at the panel
No door tamper switch on panel box.
Loose strands at almost every termination.
“Boot lace ferrules, never head of em mate”

It all starts with panel manufacturers who cannot appreciate the real world. A panel up high, inside a closet. Hard to terminate to at the best of times.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

It all starts with panel manufacturers who cannot appreciate the real world. A panel up high, inside a closet. Hard to terminate to at the best of times.

AArrgh....Almost a graduate from the Thailand school of Electrical Wiring.

thaiwire.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner

Noice, want to check the meter box while you're at it?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
On the plus side, the lack of watt bombs will extend the life of the yeti by a few riding weeks.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not (generally) released yet and still in testing, if you you like gin and salt water (or even just saly) this is a goer...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not (generally) released yet and still in testing, if you you like gin and salt water (or even just saly) this is a goer...

I had a bad experience with gin when I was about 17 which included waking up covered in vomit so I’ve never been able to stomach even the smell of it in a bar without dry retching. Same happened with KFC.

Minlak

custom titis
I had a bad experience with gin when I was about 17 which included waking up covered in vomit so I’ve never been able to stomach even the smell of it in a bar without dry retching. Same happened with KFC.
I used to enjoy port - until my Bucks party 30 years ago - now even the smell of it sends me dry retching