What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
My beautiful wife gave her blessing today so off to the shop before she could change her mind. Upgraded from a 2013 Giant Talon to this 2017 Anthem

Merry Christmas and Happy next years Birthday and Fathers Day and ................

Anthem.jpg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
A great ride today. We rode a trail we’d been told about by one of the local trail fairies, but had managed to miss it a number of times. It was right there before our eyes, and we’d previously ridden right on by… but not today.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
One of the bike projects while I'm an invalid - SRAM NX drivetrain on the old Mongoose hardtail.

Replacing the 3x9 as part of a modernisation project on the old girl as a learner bike for SWMBO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
mountainbikesdirect rock

Order some parts from mountainbikesdirect ,
a bottom bracket and brake pads .said that they were a day late in posting ? Oh ok .So they gave me a 15 % discount on next order .yeah cool

As its Christmas postman dropped parcel of on a Sunday just for me nice bloke

So was able to fit my new set xxx carbon cranks happy days.

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Bought some new clothes. Anaconda had baggies for $35 and knicks for $25. Couldn't say no. Dunno what their other store are like but the Canberra one was great for cycling. Giro MTB SPD shoes for $80. If I hadn't already just bought some nikes from DFO I would have got them too.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lazy lap of Lysty... then fitted a new Ardent to the rear of my BFe. The old one was toast and its sidewalls were weeping Stans like billyo, plus it was wire bead, so the foldable new tyre should be lighterer.

Brow

Big Block
Got it ready for a ride then it rained so had a beer instead. On #2 now and not likely to rife again till next year. Bit sad but on hols now and heading to Hawaii on Thursday. Gotta look after the kids till then.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Had an awesome blap yesterday on the new scout, jesus christ that frame is amazing. Completely different ride to the reign I came off, so responsive. Damn fast frame.

First trail down i wasn't too impressed, felt like I was getting bucked around too much and couldn't get comfortable. Thinking about it while i was catching my breath came to the realisation I was still riding it like the 160mm endurbro bike I came off. Abit more weight over the front and the bike came alive! Tracks beautifully and gains spead soooo easily. So much more suited for my local trails.

Funnily enough I never bottomed it out, and on the same trails I used to bottom the reign 4 times a ride give or take.

Pyr pics incomming tommor. Ratrod spec

Stoked with my purchase. I felt like it was abit of a gamble going for such a drastic change in bike but it paid off.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Had an awesome blap yesterday on the new scout, jesus christ that frame is amazing. Completely different ride to the reign I came off, so responsive. Damn fast frame.

First trail down i wasn't too impressed, felt like I was getting bucked around too much and couldn't get comfortable. Thinking about it while i was catching my breath came to the realisation I was still riding it like the 160mm endurbro bike I came off. Abit more weight over the front and the bike came alive! Tracks beautifully and gains spead soooo easily. So much more suited for my local trails.

Funnily enough I never bottomed it out, and on the same trails I used to bottom the reign 4 times a ride give or take.

Pyr pics incomming tommor. Ratrod spec

Stoked with my purchase. I felt like it was abit of a gamble going for such a drastic change in bike but it paid off.
Scout are such a nice bike.... shame the carbon frame is so expensive

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Scout are such a nice bike.... shame the carbon frame is so expensive

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Yup, luckily I still believe in the powers of aluminium. The weight difference is not enough for me to get worked up over. God knows I could drop a few before I worry about the bike. It really is a nicely finished aluminium frame. Internal routing wasnt that big of an issue, the ports are nice and big with no dicky rubber grommets, just some tabs to loop cable ties through. I dont have the cable rattle issues i read about either