What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
put the spd's on the SS, shes almost already. ive got a 100mm -17 d stem waiting at home should get the bars down low. should be ready for a test roll in the carpark to get a feel for it. then i'll take it to some of the trails in the RNP near sutho.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Last piece is here. Nice 30T NW ring complete with threaded holes.
Now I just have to finish the paint job.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hobbling about on crutches, but started a major service on the Anthem Adv SX. In small half hour blocks between shuffling back to bed this week I've stripped down the dropper to its component molecules, cleaned, regreased and reassembled with a new cable.

Tomorrow I start on the forks and hopefully less time lying in bed...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Complete rebuild of the WC while I'm sick with the lurgee. No carbon cracks found. Linkage bearings toast again. Brain shock reliability has now exceeded piddly bearings.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So linkage bearings are prematurely failing even with your patented "swish out the factory grease & do it properly" technique?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Went for a ride today at Castle Hill, Ipswich. First time in maybe 16 years. Previously thought it was too small for dh rig and annoying due to no shuttles so had written it off for years....... but take a 140mm bike that can pedal. Fucking great! The little DH tracks make the smaller bike work for it a bit and there are heaps of small rocky rutted runs with plenty of stuff to keep you interested. Fun technical climbs too. Rough enough that the hardtail would be a bit shit too.

Swingarm lost first lot of paint too from a rockstrike so bike is properly christened.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Had quite the eventful one just before.

I went for a quiet cruise around docklands, and took a little breather at the waterside - I could see an asian fisherman eyeing me off from a distance, didn't think anything of it. After around 10 minutes I got going again in his direction, going pretty slowly...

He starts casually walking toward my path from the side with a face as though whistling, as I near him he starts running and literally lunges at me with outstretched arms and nearly took a hold of my jacket. Luckily I caught on that something was a little off as he started running and ducked to the side as he lunged. He just kept running off?

I have no idea what this prick's intentions were but found it pretty funny, especially the face of disappointment when his elaborate Oceans 11 like plan didn't unfold... I'm guessing he was going to try and steal my bike?

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
Went to give my new bike a spin around the 4x and BMX tracks in Olympic park. 1st headache is that they are still pulling apart the barriers from the v8's so half the roads are closed making the park a bitch to get around with. Had a small run in with some bloke there when I was trying to jump a fence to get to where I wanted to be but apart from that it was more annoying than anything else.

I finally get to the tracks to find there is some fun run thing on today and there are people running all over the tracks.:frusty:

Oh I also threw on my old pikes onto my NS Capital. The plan with that bike moving forward is to rebuild the existing 24 inch wheel with a 20mm hub, possibly slam the pikes if possible (need to do some research here looks doable) and rebuild the rear wheel with a free coaster.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode and rode and rode some more. 3 hours riding all up (although some of that was spent waiting for injured crew to pull themselves together and get back on their bikes). Blood was spilled (none of it mine), and I met some nice new people to ride with. Damn good day.

I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Wife and I went and rode Hidden Vale Adventure Park for the first time today. Perfect weather 27 degrees, Overcast with a ESE blowing. Had rained during the week so no dust and about 3 puddles.

Took the obligatory photo at the top of the trail Glorious.

We loved it. Cannot wait to go back again especially now we have an idea where to go. More trails to explore though. We only did 33km.