What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Not sure if it's the result of putting my seat up about about 4 inches or just getting better at riding...

There is a hill I've been riding up for a few weeks and I've always had to have the bike in 1st on the front ring and 1st and 2nd on the rear, today I had it on the 2nd front ring and 1st and 2nd on the rear.

Usually I'll get to the top and then roll nearly all the way back home but today I just kept pedaling and was keeping up with a small hatchback until I turned off to my street.

My upper legs felt like over inflated footballs and it took my about half a hour to catch my breath (my lungs are still burning, I'm a chronic asthmatic) but it's the hardest I've ridden since I got this bike and ever from memory.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Complete rebuild of the WC while I'm sick with the lurgee. No carbon cracks found. Linkage bearings toast again. Brain shock reliability has now exceeded piddly bearings.
Back to back bearings that have to come out each side of the dropout with 10mm ID and no gaps to get a puller in is evil.

Made a expansion drift to grab the inner race and pull.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Not sure if it's the result of putting my seat up about about 4 inches or just getting better at riding...
You might be improving, but if you've raised your saddle 100mm and can still touch the pedals, my money is definitely on the former. :shocked: You must have been kneeing yourself in the chin with every pedal stroke.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

2DIE

Likes Dirt
You might be improving, but if you've raised your saddle 100mm and can still touch the pedals, my money is definitely on the former. :shocked: You must have been kneeing yourself in the chin with every pedal stroke.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
Before I could sit on the bike and have flat feet on the ground, now I can still touch with my toes but I know it should still be higher.

Being tall and riding BMX gave me bad habits I guess, I still don't feel safe not being able to stop with flat feet but I'll try to put my seat up more as I get used to it.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Before I could sit on the bike and have flat feet on the ground, now I can still touch with my toes but I know it should still be higher.

Being tall and riding BMX gave me bad habits I guess, I still don't feel safe not being able to stop with flat feet but I'll try to put my seat up more as I get used to it.
Buy a dropper and set your seat height at proper pedaling height...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Fit some brakes...,

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Went to Majura, which re-opened a few days ago. Forgot how much fun Larry and Barry are!

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Went to Majura, which re-opened a few days ago. For how much fun Larry and Barry are!
Keen to get back down for a pedal there. Last time it was a complete wash out, just before it was closed.
Larry and Barry are awesome lines, just the pedal up is a cnut.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Headset debacles

Headset number 3 arrived from Chainreaction. Again it was the wrong one. Another has been shipped... At least they are free and they are quick and easy to deal with.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I wasn't happy with the Southpaw clamp on carbon bars and bought one of these

http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/remote

I spec II or whatever to suit my M9000s.

It's wonderful! And as it clamps the cable at the lever end too rather than holding the nipple the faffing about you usually do with a stealth post is obviated.

And I could check for carbon/aluminium corrosion and when there was none a top up of carbon paste and some slicko on the post (don't mix these up boys and girls).

After knocking out a few hundred km on the Muru on soft sand over the last couple of weeks the Bronson feels like a rocket ship! For one ride anyway.

So now as the Saint calipers are overkill on the Muru do I fit them on the Bronson and put the XTs on the Muru?

Decisions....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Added forks and took it for a test ride. Could be just that I'm coming off a few weeks on a hardtail, but this thing is nothing short of spectacular :-D

Have a few tweaks to make; Bars are wider than I like, want some bar end rests, maybe a longer stem, want to make the talas forks 140-120, gotta play with the rear shock settings a little... But happy as a pig in shit with the way it's turned out so far.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Midnight ride at Lysterfield. Stopped at the top of hug to take a work phone call, juvenile Roo bounces up for a pat. Now regretting that I didn't get a photo.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Midnight ride at Lysterfield. Stopped at the top of hug to take a work phone call, juvenile Roo bounces up for a pat. Now regretting that I didn't get a photo.
Nice!

I'm usually pretty stoked when they don't kamikaze across the trail in front of me. Might stop a bit more if the buggers are getting that friendly

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
About a year ago, riding up Hug, past a bunch of Roos, there was a real small one right next to the trail... I stopped and patted and scratched him between the ears... the ears were flopping about and he didn't hop away. Might be the same one.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nice!

I'm usually pretty stoked when they don't kamikaze across the trail in front of me. Might stop a bit more if the buggers are getting that friendly
Few years ago on my way up valley view track near that old rock quarry I had a small roo get dazed by my lights and jump up on my lap. It trashed about and kicked my glasses off, an inch closer and it's claw would have gouged my eye out.