What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep, it sure is bad… but I think it is not a flute… I am pretty sure it is a recorder played by the spoilt brat from the AAMI ad.

BTW, the recorder is the world’s worst instrument, with the possible exception of the tambourine.
I had no idea playing musical instruments badly could be so hilarious. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities....

I feel like the "musician" gave up halfway though and started playing a car horn.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
BTW, the recorder is the world’s worst instrument, with the possible exception of the tambourine.
After seeing this then the gap will be much smaller. I didn't mind a bit of 60's hippiesque tambourine action until Bill gave it a try.
This is truly terrible but like a car crash, you just have to have a look to make sure.

[video=youtube;_0hTtsqiFCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc[/video]

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Went back to Hidden Vale yesterday for a ride with my wife. Tried a chest mount camera for the first time.....positioning didn't work out. Made a shitty highlights video for something to do (also first time playing with Lightworks).

[video=youtube;_nbp56BBAzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nbp56BBAzc[/video]

Rear shock is leaking after 7 rides. Picked up my 36T chainring will fit it in the next day or so.
Cool spot Hiddenvale. That music is awesome! Takes great skill to play that bad!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Got out for celebratory Festivus crack of dawner blat.
Warning, old bike photo with trees incoming. I'm liking the Hans Dampf upfront a lot now too. Nice rubber.

20161223_075745-Festivus-COD.jpg

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Took kids to some local shitty DJ's because I noticed on a different ride home from work there was a little pump track. My daughter decided she was scared. Son loved it tried everything even the "big" DJ set which are tall but super short. I decided to hit the shitty big set and not thinking how short they are pedalled in like I was hitting a proper length 5 foot tall DJ..........landed to flat front wheel first and somehow kept it upright. Thought for sure I was eating a faceful of gravel. First time I have bottomed my 140mm Fox 34's.

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
Replaced my dropper post cable after snapping it when I got the cable housing stuck in my seat clamp the other day. Also threw in a new set of lock on grips. Threw together a set of roof racks in preparation for my new bike rack I'm picking up tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
This morning I visited Andy at CyclingDeal and went Christmas shopping for our bikes… subsequently I installed a new dropper post and pump on my bike and grips and pump on my wife’s bike… I also picked up a myriad of bike bits and bobs along with some Wellgo B274 magnesium flat pedals for my wife’s bike… and weirdly the flats are almost identical to the Sudpin IIIs on my Cotic.

Then this avo, we did a super hot lap of Lysty in the full avo heat… and I got to test out my new dropper and also my new Talas5 and Fit4 which was recently installed by the Duck in my forks. Wow, it’s like a new bike… plush plush plush… and really nice to have my 140mm of travel back.

Looking forward to the Christmas break with my bike in tip top shape… it’s handling better than it has for ages.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rode it through the carpark of a Westfield with bags of shit hanging off it! Cars don't see bikes with much respect in those places.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I managed to drop a hefty 700g of weight (for basically free) off the Honzo.
Some of the parts from the Yeti split bolted straight on (nearly, thanks Moorey) and weight has plummeted.
- KS Lev vs ETen
- XTR cranks vs XT cranks
- X01 Cassette vs GX cassette.
- Enve carbon bars vs Eason alloy
- WTB saddle swap.

Now sits at a (still pretty portly) 13.5kg.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode the Hillview trail at Dromana High... then Arthurs Seat to RedHill, then to Dromana... singletrack all the way... it was ace.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Where's the singletrack from Arthur's Seat to Red Hill?
We didn't park right at the top of Arthurs Seat as there's a bazillion cars there now with the new chairlift, so we were down a bit, but starting about a 1km from the top there is single-track on the left side of Arthurs Seat Road heading down.

In fact there is great single-track all over the place ... Purves Road, Brown’s Road, Mornington Flinders Road, White Hill Road, Mcilroys Road, Baldrys Road, Red Hill Road... to name a few. There's some awesome ones that can't be named either.