What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, I agree, good job… and is really stoked about it still. She has always B-lined jumps, but for the last few months I’ve been on her case to pop the front when coming off small ledges… and she’s kept at it and got the timing now and is constantly landing on the back wheel. A few weeks ago she did a small jump on a flat section of Hug, not quick and pretty tame, but today’s effort was in a fast descent, and she was hammering... definite air.

She really only feels brave enough to do tough stuff after a fair amount of time on the bike and the endorphins have kicked in… and today, the trails were sweet and she was going for it… not bad for a 50 year old.
That's awesome. I'd ask for pics, but...I'm not that forward.

mtb1611

Seymour
Hit the dirt for the fist time in 6 weeks at Camden with a local crew. First time I'd ridden with such a large group (9 all up) in years. Great vibe, good people, but goddamn it was muggy! And a puncture at the end......!

marks

Likes Bikes
Did a few few runs at Boomerang Farm Bike Park ( first time down hill and being shuttled ) had an absolute blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madstace

Likes Dirt
It is a GXP. I was told I need something with a different offset. Is that wrong?
Nah. Standard ring, assuming its 104/64 bcd. If it's direct mount, just get a gxp one.
As moorey says, depends on the offset. If it's a dedicated 2x SRAM crank its most likely a 120BCD for the outer ring, which also will have a wider offset which won't work as a 1x, not to mention is next to impossible to find a 1x ring for. Best bet in this case, provided you have a removable spider, is to get a direct mount GXP ring (of which there's heaps of choices). Majority of these will have the correct offset too.

The other option, which I'm contemplating for mine, is to find a 1x SRAM spider so I can just buy the 94BCD rings and save a bit of money when it comes to replacing the ring. Won't look as neat but will be cheaper. Of course, if you have a 2x setup that actually uses a standard 3x 104/64BCD spider, then you can ignore all the above and just buy a 104BCD N/W ring and remove the others when installing.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
As moorey says, depends on the offset. If it's a dedicated 2x SRAM crank its most likely a 120BCD for the outer ring, which also will have a wider offset which won't work as a 1x, not to mention is next to impossible to find a 1x ring for. Best bet in this case, provided you have a removable spider, is to get a direct mount GXP ring (of which there's heaps of choices). Majority of these will have the correct offset too.

The other option, which I'm contemplating for mine, is to find a 1x SRAM spider so I can just buy the 94BCD rings and save a bit of money when it comes to replacing the ring. Won't look as neat but will be cheaper. Of course, if you have a 2x setup that actually uses a standard 3x 104/64BCD spider, then you can ignore all the above and just buy a 104BCD N/W ring and remove the others when installing.
It is a 2x10 with 104/64 bcd rings. It is more the 104 has a terrible offset. I can remove one spacer from the cranks, but even then it wouldn't be the best. It is also an old bike, so wanted to replace the spacer with a bottom bracket mounted chain guide. It will be going on my Heckler and I intend on using it for the Enduro Race series in 2017. I suppose I could just suck it and see...

madstace

Likes Dirt
It is a 2x10 with 104/64 bcd rings. It is more the 104 has a terrible offset. I can remove one spacer from the cranks, but even then it wouldn't be the best. It is also an old bike, so wanted to replace the spacer with a bottom bracket mounted chain guide. It will be going on my Heckler and I intend on using it for the Enduro Race series in 2017. I suppose I could just suck it and see...
That's an odd setup, haven't come by one of those. I was going to suggest looking at a 1x specific crank, but since you're going racing, there's a whole heap of 1x enduro-specific bikes out there :eyebrows:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Great Redhill ride to end 2016 ... up Pine Climb... do some random trails and then bomb down... awesome.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Converted the stationary mag trainer bike into a kid hauler. She isn't light. Yet to weigh but I'm tipping 15kg.

Needs bigger rotors, need the cable stops drilled out, need a dropper and need to play with steerer spacers. Rear brake line needs trimming too

Would really like new forks but let's not clog the WTB section all at once.

30 mins around the neighbourhood for our inaugural ride. Jesus Christ an extra 25kg sure slows things down, plus a wiggly kid sure makes for some fun with bike handling.

Lot of weight on the back wheel, to the point it's dangerous.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Worked on the DH bike, gearing up for shuttling Bright's Hero Trail with Blue Dirt on Saturday.

Cleaned, new rubber, checked bearings, went over all the bolts, tightened up the shifting as much as I could with a slightly bent hanger and bled the brakes for the first time in 2 years.
The rear had so much air in it I don't even know how it still worked.

There's a lovely fluid comparison:

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Worked on the DH bike, gearing up for shuttling Bright's Hero Trail with Blue Dirt on Saturday.

Cleaned, new rubber, checked bearings, went over all the bolts, tightened up the shifting as much as I could with a slightly bent hanger and bled the brakes for the first time in 2 years.
The rear had so much air in it I don't even know how it still worked.

There's a lovely fluid comparison:

Hmm my bike needs a bit of care as I'm also trying to get to Bright for Saturday.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Hmm my bike needs a bit of care as I'm also trying to get to Bright for Saturday.
I did my back over the weekend and it's still being a bitch, so I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with the potential glory of the coming weekend!
Falls on Friday, Bright on Saturday.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride yesterday and Zwift ride today to get ahead on my 2017 goal. To be fair, it was pretty fun as far as training goes.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just did a stinking hot clockwise lap of Lysty... finishing on Follow me and Bermacide... then straight into the lake for a swim.
Did a full clockwise lap late last night. Ran into a father and son doing an anticlockwise lap after 11pm. Best school holiday activity ever....

Anticlockwise is so much nicer. Hug. Stonefly. Dog pound. all rock going down.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My bike finally got its Xmas present.
New Flow MK3 on Pro4s.

Tyres look chunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Did a full clockwise lap late last night. Ran into a father and son doing an anticlockwise lap after 11pm. Best school holiday activity ever....

Anticlockwise is so much nicer. Hug. Stonefly. Dog pound. all rock going down.
Never gone clockwise myself, just the way I roll....