The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Last person I know wanting one a few months ago couldn’t find anything worldwide. Found one set at a random LBS and paid like $120 each. Things might have improved. Or Stimpy might have to mock you again.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Have to return a faulty electronic good. All prepaid and consigned. Rang the number for collection only to wait on hold and have suggested to me to book on line. Go through that process only to stumble at the receiver's name and contact number, neither of which I know and leaving blank is not allowed. So I made them up. It then decides these do not look like real entries, really? Jack Dorf @ 0400000001, not real? Rejected the second attempt (Fukk Dorf) and a more believable number and told me to ring the number I started with. Rang that and waded through the bullshit only for the automated system to ask for a business name for sender. None. Then it found some previous parcel that I sent from the early Triassic period and at least two business addresses prior and got unhappy when I said no to please confirm. Please enter your telephone number... I did. It came up with the same shit. So I abused it. For maybe 2 minutes. Then it said please wait for an operator. Then a message about abusive language and tolerance. Anyone else get this? Often? Real person then sorted it in 30 seconds and old info deleted.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Have to return a faulty electronic good. All prepaid and consigned. Rang the number for collection only to wait on hold and have suggested to me to book on line. Go through that process only to stumble at the receiver's name and contact number, neither of which I know and leaving blank is not allowed. So I made them up. It then decides these do not look like real entries, really? Jack Dorf @ 0400000001, not real? Rejected the second attempt (Fukk Dorf) and a more believable number and told me to ring the number I started with. Rang that and waded through the bullshit only for the automated system to ask for a business name for sender. None. Then it found some previous parcel that I sent from the early Triassic period and at least two business addresses prior and got unhappy when I said no to please confirm. Please enter your telephone number... I did. It came up with the same shit. So I abused it. For maybe 2 minutes. Then it said please wait for an operator. Then a message about abusive language and tolerance. Anyone else get this? Often? Real person then sorted it in 30 seconds and old info deleted.
not the exact same, but anytime i get these automated IVRs that dont understand the first time i start talking shit to them. Just random things -- "please tell us in a few words why you are calling?", "i would like a ham sandwich" etc. Eventually get a normal person.

The IVRs often record the voice prompts so that they can be used in machine learning. There is usually periodic human review when they work on optimising the system. I like to think some poor code monkey having a shit day comes across my order for ham sandwiches and has a giggle.

Jpez

Down on the left!
not the exact same, but anytime i get these automated IVRs that dont understand the first time i start talking shit to them. Just random things -- "please tell us in a few words why you are calling?", "i would like a ham sandwich" etc. Eventually get a normal person.

The IVRs often record the voice prompts so that they can be used in machine learning. There is usually periodic human review when they work on optimising the system. I like to think some poor code monkey having a shit day comes across my order for ham sandwiches and has a giggle.
I used to repeat f@ck f@ck f@ck f@ck over and over and it would switch over to a human pretty quickly but that tactic doesn’t seem to work any more.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am in the mood to experiment!!!

So I have some older avid stainless steel brake rotors. They have been in a box in the garage for a few years and have a bit of shit on them...I am familiar with the usual cleaning remedies, but I got wondering - is there any reason I shouldn't put them through the dishwasher? It does such a nice job on my stainless steel cookware and cutlery. Fire away!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am in the mood to experiment!!!

So I have some older avid stainless steel brake rotors. They have been in a box in the garage for a few years and have a bit of shit on them...I am familiar with the usual cleaning remedies, but I got wondering - is there any reason I shouldn't put them through the dishwasher? It does such a nice job on my stainless steel cookware and cutlery. Fire away!

Hits away!

With the lack of warning from anyone, they're in...fast cycle (33min), usual wash powder, no other items in with them. This could be great...Or I may need a new dishwasher. Time will tell.

Shitty before shot: