The stupid questions thread.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Lucky I'm working with baby oil...worst case scenario I'll have a wank to ease the frustration rather than skin peeling off me!

I did wonder if it was a piston issue. I gave some consideration to removing pads and running the lever a few times to see if the pistons moved easy enough. By wasn't sure this would be a good idea or lead to a confession.
@pink poodle but Yule never be this cool

Minlak

custom titis
So - alcohol for the most part is legal and you can drive with a 0.049 BAC legally ( full licence blah blah ) - with drinking we have strong guidelines number of standard drinks / eating - time frames ETC
Ok - marijuana and meth is illegal- and you can’t have it in your system so if it registers on the test your busted (ish)
  1. I can’t find anything that definitely explains how long the drugs stay in your system - it all says roughly everyone is different and will stay as long as it stays
  2. If marijuana was legalised are you suddenly not impaired? And how do they define acceptable levels and how long before you can drive after
I am sure most people would feel last nights meth or joint was having no effect the next day - yet people that have not used for a week are registering on the tests.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So - alcohol for the most part is legal and you can drive with a 0.049 BAC legally ( full licence blah blah ) - with drinking we have strong guidelines number of standard drinks / eating - time frames ETC
Ok - marijuana and meth is illegal- and you can’t have it in your system so if it registers on the test your busted (ish)
  1. I can’t find anything that definitely explains how long the drugs stay in your system - it all says roughly everyone is different and will stay as long as it stays
  2. If marijuana was legalised are you suddenly not impaired? And how do they define acceptable levels and how long before you can drive after
I am sure most people would feel last nights meth or joint was having no effect the next day - yet people that have not used for a week are registering on the tests.
This was in the news just the other day.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...nal-cannabis-driving-ban-20210610-p57zsc.html

moorey

call me Mia
I hadn’t seen that article
They also make a good point in that article about people on other prescription medicine being more impaired I have often said I reckon heaps of people are impaired from this and still driving every day
Nurses (for example) on night duty are more impaired than being .05. Permanent nights also shorten your life by 5-10 years also.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
From site drug testing, pretty much everything except marijuana is gone within 24 hours of last consumption. Marijuana (thc) lingers. Some tested positive 2-3 weeks after the last smoke, I know this timing for a fact. No idea on how much, how regularly used in those cases but they weren't one off's. Anecdotally can be detected for 4 weeks or more. I was very much castigated in client meetings for highlighting employees could be penalised for past indulgence even though unaffected for weeks. One client* reacted so strongly that I was drug tested every day on every site visit to that plant.

Various fitness for work tests also checked fatigue but as it was a comparison against a baseline many just screwed with the baseline by coming in tired or hungover so that was the norm.

* same client schooled me on risk by saying the office workers faced the same risk to injury as scaffolders building external tower scaffolds, you know manoeuvring 6m steel scaffold standards is the same as shuffling paper in pretend work...

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nurses (for example) on night duty are more impaired than being .05. Permanent nights also shorten your life by 5-10 years also.
I have worked a dayshift job for 2yrs in the last 30, only 8-10yrs to go.

Hoping I was meant to live till I was 95 so I can shorten that to 85 ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you drink and smoke heavily, work nights and shifts, eat poorly etc you don't even get born.
Used to do all the above, now just smoke free(ish) dont mind a cigar occasionally.

Still a decent drinker.

Maybe I gain some credits from riding bikes.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Used to do all the above, now just smoke free(ish) dont mind a cigar occasionally.

Still a decent drinker.

Maybe I gain some credits from riding bikes.
Nah direct link to heart disease and testicular cancer... or so I read on the interwebs. You are cooked, best get a new bike tomorrow so you can enjoy it.

Amusing anecdote: last century a drink or 7 at lunch wasn't unusual. I was an occasional drinker at best and a definite non beer drinker. After a hectic 21 x 12 hour day shut boss and I joined some of these regulars for a liquid lunch to celebrate it was done. He fared better than me but we were both stuffed. Back to the office. Boss looked OK but I knew I was struggling. He tells me to grab some drawings and papers and go to the conference room. I let out an audible sigh, no chance drawings, especially Japanese drawings, would be comprehensible for me. Boss yells to the receptionist to leave us alone for 3 hours. Get into the conference room. He throws his paperwork on the table, tells me to do the same. Drags 4 chairs out and lies down, tells me he is fucked and needs a snooze and suggests I do the same on the other side of the room. Done deal!

Last edited: