The stupid questions thread.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well it's been significantly more than 33 minutes, so I can only assume @pink poodle 's dishwasher exploded and he's dead.
His other personality caught him using the dishwasher to clean his brake rotors, they had a massive argument, and then fell into having make-up sex with themselves in the kitchen.

His neighbours just wished he'd shut the blinds first.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
His other personality caught him using the dishwasher to clean his brake rotors, they had a massive argument, and then fell into having make-up sex with themselves in the kitchen.

Not again...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Heard many tales of car parts being cleaned in the dishwasher. The caustic soap apparently works wonders. We don't own a dishwasher, so I'll never have first hand experience.

Staying tuned for the outcome......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well it's been significantly more than 33 minutes, so I can only assume @pink poodle 's dishwasher exploded and he's dead.
Yeah sorry...I got bored and went for a ride before the cycle finished. I've just finished in the forest and will be home in about 30 minutes. Fuck I hope the house hasn't burnt down! I've got pork ribs in the slow cooker.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Ok...so this isn't too far from the truth.

When I had renovated my last house I cut the whole back wall off and put in a glass door and window that took up the whole all and opened onto my back verandah and into the yard. When I did this the yard was very private - a warehouse backed onto me, the back of a large brick terrace with no windows, an asbestos garage, and the back door of a crack den...nobody was looking into my yard. I had a very comfy sofa by that back window.

The crack den became refugees (they were great neighbours) then hipsters kicked the refugees out and moved in. The hipsters decided to do something similar to me and cut the back wall off then turn their laundry into a kitchen living area. One of the hipsters was a carpenter and he really put a lot of effort into this and it looked great.

Across most of these years I was fortunate to have found a woman who enjoyed my company enough to spend lots of time on that comfy couch. One day owe were having a fun time andy neighbour was working in his years...I waved to him when he looked over the fence. A few days later he very awkwardly suggested that with some spare timber from his build he could build a privacy screen extension above exiting 5 foot high fence. What he built was a very tidy piece of woodwork.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Holy shit!!! House didn't burn down, dishwasher appears to work still (full test on that later...), Ribs are fucking awesome, and the rotors...the rotors look mint! Well not quite mint, but pretty fucking good! I will give them a spray down with wd-40 to make sure they are rust proof and then mount them on the new project.

If I ever finish it.

Lighting is shit. Just take my word for it. They look great.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lighting is shit. Just take my word for it. They look great.
Nice work Poods. Although I was sort of attracted to the rustic bronze of the rotors before the big dishwasher makeover.

Why stop now. Shove all of you rusted stuff in the dishwasher and impress yourself for weeks.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Has anyone tried Barkeepers Friend on their shiny bits?
Yes. Don't do it (if you want them to stay shiny). I only use it in the kitchen. It's great on stainless. Aluminium for me is a no go (unless you don't mind the scratches). Same with anything coated. It's a mild abrasive as well as highly acidic. So good for non reactive metals like stainless. Not good for anything that's reactive or you don't want dulled.

moorey

call me Mia
Yes. Don't do it (if you want them to stay shiny). I only use it in the kitchen. It's great on stainless. Aluminium for me is a no go (unless you don't mind the scratches). Same with anything coated. It's a mild abrasive as well as highly acidic. So good for non reactive metals like stainless. Not good for anything that's reactive or you don't want dulled.
Killjoy.