The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes. Don't do it (if you want them to stay shiny). I only use it in the kitchen. It's great on stainless. Aluminium for me is a no go (unless you don't mind the scratches). Same with anything coated. It's a mild abrasive as well as highly acidic. So good for non reactive metals like stainless. Not good for anything that's reactive or you don't want dulled.
How about glassware?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
How about glassware?
I've used it on our old glass cooktop. So if I had stubborn marks/stains on glassware I'd give it a go. But lightly scrub.

It's supposed to be ok on most stuff. But I did find I got fine scratches on some of my cookware. I expect they put some sort of abrasive powder in their as well to help the cleaning.

Look even your anodized alloy or chromed bike parts should be fine @HamboCairns but I'd try it out first on something you don't love.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
What the fuck is it with companies putting charcoal in everything?
In the last few months I've found it in my toothpaste, in dental floss and now it's in my shower gel.
Are they trying to market toiletries specifically for goths?
Has anyone considered the environmental footprint of burning off all this wood just to add black shit to your washing routine for no discernable reason?
What are they going to add it to next?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
In the last few months I've found it in my toothpaste, in dental floss and now it's in my shower gel.
Has anyone considered the environmental footprint of burning off all this wood just to add black shit to your washing routine for no discernable reason?
It's probably the coal industry future proofing with market diversification.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Looked at your suppositories lately?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Carbon sinking...every little bit counts. The planet thanks you for doing your part.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I blame the hippies and their focus on organics...