The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@HamboCairns wipe those tears. I run this on the helmet as main light, with spreader on the bar. I buy a second, bigger battery though, and use the stock one as a backup.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bright-...349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0
I have 3 of these that had a battery plugged in once, then thrown in the 'bad light purchase' drawer. Not good !

Go an extra few bucks and buy a cleanskin duo from MTBD or grab one of these Magicshine from Ali.
I have 4 of these now, they were ~$60 but prices fluctuate on Ali depending on popularity.
They are a great helmet light with an awesome beam pattern and throw, the only issue is at 100% power, they die at 55 minutes. You will get 2 hours+ at setting 2.

moorey

call me Mia
I have 3 of these that had a battery plugged in once, then thrown in the 'bad light purchase' drawer. Not good !

Go an extra few bucks and buy a cleanskin duo from MTBD or grab one of these Magicshine from Ali.
I have 4 of these now, they were ~$60 but prices fluctuate on Ali depending on popularity.
They are a great helmet light with an awesome beam pattern and throw, the only issue is at 100% power, they die at 55 minutes. You will get 2 hours+ at setting 2.

View attachment 380020
The 3 lens are utter shite. They neither spread nor spot well. I use one on the bar, only for if the helmet light fails in the middle of a run.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The 3 lens are utter shite. They neither spread nor spot well. I use one on the bar, only for if the helmet light fails in the middle of a run.
They may have deteriorated in quality as well. These were half the light beam of the Cleanskin Duos I was going to replace.

Straight to the junk drawer, they very nearly went straight in the bin.

On the upside, I have been searching for my other Garmin HRM strap for weeks now and could not find it anywhere :mad: Looks like the quick pic for rotorburn paid off, HRM was under these shitty lights.

safreek

Wouldn't the lowest hole provide the greatest leverage ratio against the stroke of the shock and create the most travel?

My big travel bikes from back then tended to run 2.75 or 2.8 inch stroke coil shocks @safreek .

I never owned one of these, so don't have any direct experience with them. I thought the moto was an Avanti dh frame..?
Yeah man, I'd like to run a coil on it but unfortunately sold it with another frame, the only correct size shock I have is the radium "thing"
The frame has been laying around unloved for a while and it just dawned on me that the old silver Z1 from last century would do the job.
Surprised how much old shit I still have laying around after the purge

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah man, I'd like to run a coil on it but unfortunately sold it with another frame, the only correct size shock I have is the radium "thing"
The frame has been laying around unloved for a while and it just dawned on me that the old silver Z1 from last century would do the job.
Surprised how much old shit I still have laying around after the purge
What size shock do you want?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Ooohh this looks familiar, the faster you went the brighter the light got ( had something to with approaching light speed if memory serves..) made it hard to pedal up hill, bloody dynamo.
This is the problem with FTL travel that nobody seems to be talking about. How are you supposed to see where you're going?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm old and broken, my brain's still running Windows 95.
You're not on a Pentium 90 processor? That's all my computer nerd talk used up.

I anticipate evolving into mental greatness once this final gates upgrade is on me! I'm just not sure if I'll be Akira or Major...

images (68).jpeg
images (69).jpeg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
24 inch tyres ....

Just picked up a 2nd hand 24" bike for the boy. Has the original 1.9 units on there so want to swap out at least the front for a better slightly wider option.

The shelves are bare at the usual Australian shops and online, but MTB direct has a couple of options.

Maxxis Snyper in 2.0 $39
Ad says 'wirebead' but maxxis website only has a 24" folding option??

OR

Maxxis Rekon in 2.2 $59

Rekon is probably the best option but has anyone used the Snyper? Snyper sounds cooler and @HamboCairns doesn't run one.

Any other (in stock) suggestions appreciated!