The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
24 inch tyres ....

Just picked up a 2nd hand 24" bike for the boy. Has the original 1.9 units on there so want to swap out at least the front for a better slightly wider option.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Any other (in stock) suggestions appreciated!
All the grips they could need right here.

HamboCairns

Get DHR II front and rear. Sorted!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I don't think the little bugger need minions!
However, I had checked them out but they were only available in 2.4, which wouldn't sit well on the 20mm inner rims.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yeah, I noticed that but thought it not a bad thing to 'ease' him into the world of pins.
Dad's a clip man so he'll be more hardcore than me for a while.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So with a little welding help from a fiend I have made this. It works goodly but I feel the need for carbonium. Has anyone made anything using carbon cloth and resin? I know I could make it from fibreglass now I have the master but that is a bit 1956. I will paint the aloominioom black but some pretty carbon would be nice. Process for non structural seems the same as glass work, no need for vacuum or oven. It is quite small, 150x 350 x 55. Anyone?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
So with a little welding help from a fiend I have made this. It works goodly but I feel the need for carbonium. Has anyone made anything using carbon cloth and resin? I know I could make it from fibreglass now I have the master but that is a bit 1956. I will paint the aloominioom black but some pretty carbon would be nice. Process for non structural seems the same as glass work, no need for vacuum or oven. It is quite small, 150x 350 x 55. Anyone?

So you want to use the master to make one out of cf by laying the cf on the outside of the master? Hard to tell from the shape but it might be difficult to get the cf part to release from that master due to the angles and the fact that it is rigid.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So you want to use the master to make one out of cf by laying the cf on the outside of the master? Hard to tell from the shape but it might be difficult to get the cf part to release from that master due to the angles and the fact that it is rigid.
I will make a mold, probably inside shape and go over. That way I can watch the lay and final flatness of the top. Styrofoam mold so I can cut it out if it sticks. Will be subject to engine bay radiant heat though minimal. Resins seem ok to 70C ish.

I can get 1m x 1.2m of cloth for about $75 and resin will take it to $100.

Reckon I will give it a go.

HamboCairns

I've gone with the Snypers! Local 99 Bikes had them in stock even though the website said not.

Grabbed a small size set of CB Stamp composites for him too (no barefoot riding now).
Let me know how they go. I might get myself a set (and a set of 24" wheels)