The QUICK question thread.....

Minlak

custom titis
Before I buy these sunnies, what's your recommended mtb socks?
I used to have terrible cramps and lacked power - especially in pinch climb situations - Just felt weak - until I started using these all the time

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I used to have terrible cramps and lacked power - especially in pinch climb situations - Just felt weak - until I started using these all the time

60% of the climbs, they work on every climb.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I like compression socks in particular M2O from Pushys. XL is big enough for my size 15 feet too.
Dear lord those things are horrid .... I bought a "L/XL" sized pair cause they were cheap a while ago and wear them on my commute occasionally. I hate the constant pressure around the top of the ankle. Struggle to get them on as well and I'm only a size 11US.
You must be wearing some very different M2O sock if you're size 15 !

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear lord those things are horrid .... I bought a "L/XL" sized pair cause they were cheap a while ago and wear them on my commute occasionally. I hate the constant pressure around the top of the ankle. Struggle to get them on as well and I'm only a size 11US.
You must be wearing some very different M2O sock if you're size 15 !
Nope they’ll be the same. I bought 2 pairs when on discount in 2 orders. I like the compression.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is there any difference in quality between a Shimano CN-HG-54 chain ($36) and a Deore CN-HG-95 ($55)? Do chain specs make that much of a difference?

My current chain is a KMC X10.
Yeah I know, slow response.... HG95 has better surface treatments which make it harder-wearing and more corrosion-resistant. It is a fair bit better chain. The shamefully discontinued M981 XTR chain was better again.

Last edited: