The QUICK question thread.....

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yes...like the V2 Bronson, high tower, and so on. Must be some expired patent exploitation going on. A whole bike for less than an SC frame? Outlandish.
Considering 5k gets you SRAM SX and a recon fork on most bikes, XT and DVO seems like something of a bargain atm.

Edit: recognise your likely sarcasm in the last post, hard to tell without random mix of upper and lowercase.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Considering 5k gets you SRAM SX and a recon fork on most bikes, XT and DVO seems like something of a bargain atm.

Edit: recognise your likely sarcasm in the last post, hard to tell without random mix of upper and lowercase.
Sarcasm...from me? That is outlandish.

Rock machine are quite popular over in Europe. I see them everywhere in the Czech Republic.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk
Ahhhhh...a euro brand?

safreek

OK guys, getting the prophet together but everytime I look at it it looks weird (c/dale, I know)
It just seems to sit low at the front but probably just the bars, what do you think. Or is it that I am so used to over forking a bike any short travel looks low.
Getting close to it being done by the weekend and am stoked with what I have achieved.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Bikes of that era (Prophet less so than Rush) still run steeper head tube angles and both look and feel like the front end is low, mainly because it is compared to modern geometry. Later models ran up to about 140mm travel, the Prophet era from what I can remember was probably 110mm at most.

safreek

Bikes of that era (Prophet less so than Rush) still run steeper head tube angles and both look and feel like the front end is low, mainly because it is compared to modern geometry. Later models ran up to about 140mm travel, the Prophet era from what I can remember was probably 110mm at most.
I don't know how it feels yet. Just looks like it will feel xc. I had a Prophet when I first started mtb and it felt great. Maybe I'm just overthinking it all, or being shallow about the looks

safreek

Have a few mm to possibly raise it, probably need a dropper post to make it look as normal as a Cannondale can. And maybe a 35mm riser bar

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Is there any difference in quality between a Shimano CN-HG-54 chain ($36) and a Deore CN-HG-95 ($55)? Do chain specs make that much of a difference?

My current chain is a KMC X10.

moorey

call me Mia
Is there any difference in quality between a Shimano CN-HG-54 chain ($36) and a Deore CN-HG-95 ($55)? Do chain specs make that much of a difference?

My current chain is a KMC X10.
Get on those legit for XTR’s on eBay.
But with above, the 54 will discolor/rust more than the 95. Ewww.