The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So despite my bad feeling that regardless of the result there would be at least one starchy plant tuber in the lower house the local division of the lies naughtiness and procrastinators are obviously not so sure and have enlisted the aid of a former local government representative to send a letter to all residents. Note this is not the usual bullshit but a special kind of bullshit. The letter is not in an envelope but a folded A4 page printed on both sides. It uses a cursive font to elicit the feeling that it is hand written and therefore from the heart... Dear residents... I got to line 2 where it supported root vegetables and flicked to the back to see who authored this... Yep the ex local member. Someone I knew much about before moving here and thus never voted for while he was running for office. Something of a name locally but only with those who kept him in his position for 20+ years. It is odd because the people who this guy would appeal to are 99.99997% already lnp voters and those who don't value his opinion (me for example) would never take his word for anything. Anyway it had the privilege of being the first piece of paper scrunched and binned from the electioneering drivel that seems to make up the post these days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
did you receive your pay via the jock strap?
Was talking to the guys who cleaned up the stage etc this morning at the start of my shift. "there was rubber bands everywhere..."

In my hospo days I did a few shifts for 'private' functions behind the bar. Witnessing a Bachelor Party in all its disgusting glory while sober is certainly interesting.
2 nights in a row. Tonight the crowd was even more hyped.

Most importantly - what were the Hen's parties like??
Significantly worse behaved.

Didn't do any of them. Kinda glad though, no need to feel heinously insecure about naked chiselled six packs and what resides below them.

Discretely looking at pert boobs is much less threatening.
I reckon the "average male mediocre review" is ready to launch. A bunch of middle aged dad bods shuffling around the stage. Awkward tab lines, really shitty manscaping, hardly a muscle in the group, and so on.

I didn't realise these things still existed. I remember advertising for man power or similar on television with some frequency when I was a child.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Any laws against playing that at a polling place loudly from a car or phone while lined up?
I guess if you get any LNP shitstain volunteers getting up in your face you could scream at them through a megaphone to fuck off or stop groping you etc etc, if you were so inclined.
re laws, I have NFI about that in particular.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
don't forget Jabba. Jabba and his minion cRaIg KeLlY are humongous farqwits too.

Albo/Labor are the least evil major party AFAIK. The greens would be better if they learned to work with Labor and actually get shit done, rather than grandstanding and promoting policies and targets that will never become legislation, IMO.
My thoughts exactly. The Greens being dicks and refusing to work with Labor for a potential coalition government, virtually sentences us to a LNP victory.

I used to vote for the Greens but I'm over their shit.

Van Badham has written a comprehensive article on voting strategically this election.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Geez we are a bunch of leftie luvvies. Come on LNP supporters - we know you’re out there, come on in :)
Actually quite surprised how leftie rotorburn peeps are. In a good way, mind you!
Just surprised that a mostly middle-class white male forum would be.
Perhaps there's hope for Australia yet.

My husband, bless his little cotton socks, has never had to deal with any of the issues that i have had to, growing up poor, migrant, female, alcoholic DV family shit, and undiagnosed autistic - and even though i pass for white it hasn't been easy. He's deliberately politically unaware, even whilst voting Labor as a rule. I gave him a ten-minute rant tonight about white male privilege in the context of America overturning Roe vs Wade and he was like a stunned mullet.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
...and the only country we really "need" to defend ourselves from is China, and all they'd have to do is shut down supply chains and we'd grind to a halt in about a fortnight.
I've been saying thst for a while. The LNP gave China a 99 year lease on the port of Darwin, and sold them our electricity grid. All China has to do is sail in and turn off the lights.

Potatohead Dutton keeps banging on about "war with China" but his Border Farce has become the maitre de to a When The War Began scenario.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
He's also the reason the taxpayer is paying
Yep. F*** Shorten. Backstabbing pos. Single redeeming feature from the last election result was not having him as PM.

Albanese I don't know enough about to illicit any kind of emotion. Maybe that's the idea....
Isn't Morrison a backstabbing POS too? "This is my leader and I'm ambitious for him" and all that?

Agreed Labor's biggest blunder was taking Shorten to the last election, it's been revealed he was besties with Kimberly Kitching who was leaking to the LNP.

At least this time Labor has a good team and I'm becoming quite impressed with Albo. He's got experience and past good form as Infrastructure Minister, plus did you know he DJ's for charity gigs? I didn't till recently, check out DJ Albo's Election Soundtrack on Spotify. You can tell a lot about a person from their taste in music.

Also check out the Mr Speaker Spotify playlist, it's a list of songs from a Twitter thread :D

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I am always surprised by the number of employees a small business - ie a club - sports, rissoles etc can have - if you take 100 wages out of a small town say 5000 persons its a big hit .

which is quite often why towns take on fast food franchises
- not saying I agree .

but I do agree with @Squidfayce position on its complex and companies employee person - even they don’t pay tax the employees do .
its complicated .

Don’t like sComo tho, that hasn’t changed .
And be careful with preferences , I’ve been scratching around to find info on candidates - it’s not illegal but it’s is a thing .
It’s like playing hide n seek
Van Badham has a great thread on Twitter about preferential voting. But basically, if we want change, we all need to put the Liberals last, even below UAP and PHON.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My thoughts exactly. The Greens being dicks and refusing to work with Labor for a potential coalition government, virtually sentences us to a LNP victory.

I used to vote for the Greens but I'm over their shit.

Van Badham has written a comprehensive article on voting strategically this election.
I feel like that's the other way around with the Greens and Labor. Maybe that one time where they refused to set low targets that everybody hates them forever for doing?

But whenever I have seen the question of a coalition of Labor-Greens it's always Labor saying no way. We have that coalition here in ACT and it works well AFAICS.

Serious question, what shit of theirs are you over?

I'm over the Labor Party thinking that it's possible to continue expanding mining and burning fossil fuels instead of stopping. Most of the rest of their stuff sits with my ethos pretty well but they are not serious about climate change. They are happy to give rich people tax breaks with these ridiculous stage 3 tax cuts that nobody actually needs and that will continue to drive up inflation, and make the government billions of dollars poorer.

I will get the tax cut I don't want, it won't make a lick of difference to how much I spend day-to-day to create the trickle down, it will just pay the house off a little tiny bit faster, which benefits nobody but me, even the bank loses because they get less interest.