The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Freediver

I can go full Karen
It's something that I would consider.
@Tubbsy -
The Greens put labor 4th and libs 5th respectively on this particular ticket. Curious as to why. Surely they would put libs last and jabba 2nd last.
Sometimes the message is more important. In southern states Palmer is mostly considered a complete dick and doesn't stand a chance. There's no point encouraging him when he's going to be cut out before the Lib and his preferences would mostly go lib anyway.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There hasn't been a political debate that hasn't descended into a yelling match. Brings back sad memories of the US rubbish too. Put them in soundproof boxes, ask a question, give them 2 minutes to answer then switch off the microphone. Let them hear the other side and rant all they want and if they run out of time too bad.

There hasn't been a political debate that hasn't descended into a yelling match. Brings back sad memories of the US rubbish too. Put them in soundproof boxes, ask a question, give them 2 minutes to answer then switch off the microphone. Let them hear the other side and rant all they want and if they run out of time too bad.
include the option to fill the box with water and add piranha and I'll tune in

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
include the option to fill the box with water and add piranha and I'll tune in
Or.... put electrodes on each candidates nethers, and for an answer that's borderline BS, they get a shock, and for telling a straightout lie, given obvious evidence to the contrary, they get a big and extended belt of current.
If the candidate talks over the moderator, or yells at the moderator or the other candidate, or interrupts, that also earns them a big zap that continues until they STFU.
:)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or.... put electrodes on each candidates nethers, and for an answer that's borderline BS, they get a shock, and for telling a straightout lie, given obvious evidence to the contrary, they get a big and extended belt of current.
If the candidate talks over the moderator, or yells at the moderator or the other candidate, or interrupts, that also earns them a big zap that continues until they STFU.
So tempted to post yet another Simpsons clip.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
To hell with the graduated zapping, just give them the full force from the start and get it done!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Cartoons have been pulled, but the Skynews discussion segments are still on YT
Comments show the insane, blinkered blindness. These clowns gorge on their bs with no self awareness of their gross ignorance.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I just looked at the individual websites and information available about the candidates in my electorate of Dickson. Honestly how do some of these people expect to get anyone on the fence to vote for them?

moorey

call me Mia
Well there's 3...

Yes the family therapy. But also when Quimby is engaged in debate and the TV station puts him in the flames. Or when Kang and Kodos run for president.
Plenty more than 3. Also Mary Bailey and Mr Burns running, with Les Wynan chiming in.